What's new

Richard Biggs - RIP (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gang, here's some terrible news: Richard Biggs has died.

JMS posted this on his newsgroup, rec.arts.sf.tv.b5.moderated:

OMG!!! That's just tragic beyond words. My condolences go out to his family, and the extended B5 family as well. Damn...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Sad news. I liked his performances in B5. I sounds like he was a nice guy, and a sad loss. Condolences to all that knew him.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
That's terrible news. :frowning: My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
That's horrible to hear. He always seemed like such a good guy, and he was great as Dr. Franklin on B5. I don't really know what else to say, other than my condolences to family and friends.

Britton

Screenwriter
Oh geez, this is terrible, terrible news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. It's especially saddening to know that someone who should had many, many years ahead is gone.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Patrick,

It would be nice if you unlocked the other thread. Not everyone reads this thread, I don't and the only reason I saw it was the other post that was locked, it will fall off in a day or so and not everyone will see it.

Thanks

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, shocking news.

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago at a sci-fi convention. He seemed like a really great guy. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

And yes, I believe this deserves its own thread.

Ric

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The The Galactic Gateway, the website created by Pat ("Lyta Alexander") Tallman and Jeffery ("Body, but not voice, of Kosh") Willerth, has set aside a special forum on its Zocalo message area for those who wish to send condolences to the Biggs family. The folks at GG will make sure that all messages posted there are sent on to Richard's widow and sons. There is also an address where cards and letters can be sent care of Pat.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
P.S.

There has been some talk of setting up a memorial fund in Richard's name and an educational fund for his two young sons. Since less than 48 hours have passed since Richard's untimely death, it will obviously be some time before anyone close enough to the family to organize such things will have the time to think about them. But various fan organizations are already taking stock of items on hand for auctions and the like, and the lines of communication are open. As soon as any concrete plans for any of this emerge I'll be sure to post the information here.

Because the internet played such an important role in the show's survival and success, and in creating and sustaining B5 fandom, there is particular interest in organizing some kind of internet event (preferably something that could happen at the same time world-wide) as a show of affection and support for the Biggs family. I've been in touch with a couple of webmasters from major B5 fan sites (including Antony F. at www.b5tv.com where I'm a moderator) and they will be kicking ideas around in the coming days and weeks. Again, as soon as I hear about something concrete, I'll certainly post it here.

Sad news. Sad weekend.

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sad news indeed. Especially, with him being so young and the possibility of a B5 movie. His presence will be sorely missed.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I agree about the threads. When you have three RIP threads show up in an hour, yeah sure consolidate them into one. But don't jump the gun and merge the first RIP thread you see with an ongoing discussion of a show the person is associated with. If someone associated with Star Wars dies, should the RIP thread be merged into the 182 page Star Wars thread?

Anyway, rest in peace, Richard Biggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks