What's new

RHODA Season 5...AT LAST! (1 Viewer)

ASAPadam

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
I posted this in the Amazon reviews: "Shout Factory produced two versions of this DVD set: The first edition has glitches and jump cuts that shorten the episodes by a minute or so each, and its UPC is 826663178593 (it was scheduled to be released in August). The corrected version that was released in October has a different UPC: 826663184136. Shout delayed its Rhoda: The Final Season release to correct the problems, but the faulty DVDs have been sent to customers anyway. I got a bad set, returned it to Amazon for a refund, and ordered the new set with the correct UPC, which seems fine."

I'm guessing that all the customers who preordered the set on Amazon BEFORE the delay got the bad version, because the existing orders weren't switched to the new product listing (the one for the corrected set). You can still see two listings on Amazon. under "Additional DVD options." Ideally, Amazon will contact the people who got shipped the bad one and fix this. But I took care of it already by returning the bad set and reordering the corrected one: UPC: 826663184136 -- the version that's $14.49 now, and the only one that Amazon is selling directly. Only third-party sellers are selling the faulty one.

It took two weeks for Shout Factory to respond to my email about this -- by time they did, I'd taken care of it myself. One hitch -- the corrected version cost me more than the faulty one. Whattaya gonna do...

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I sort of had the same thing happen to me. I pre-ordered the set in June before the delay. Once the new release date arrived, my order was still sitting there in 'waiting to be shipped' mode but was promised to arrive on the release date. Didn't happen. I had to call Amazon and they cancelled the old order and sent me the new set at the price that I pre-ordered it. Plus I got free next day delivery. Probably because I'm a Prime Member. Amazon should just remove the old listing all together. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that this happened to.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I sort of had the same thing happen to me. I pre-ordered the set in June before the delay. Once the new release date arrived, my order was still sitting there in 'waiting to be shipped' mode but was promised to arrive on the release date. Didn't happen. I had to call Amazon and they cancelled the old order and sent me the new set at the price that I pre-ordered it. Plus I got free next day delivery. Probably because I'm a Prime Member. Amazon should just remove the old listing all together. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that this happened to.

Same thing happened to me. I cancelled my order from Amazon and just bought it from Shout Factory.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
24CCC107-3955-4463-968A-F677993EC691.jpeg
E4CCE934-78F1-4526-8C15-08B4D831C335.jpeg
2FC73329-6476-4D02-8EB7-2465619A2025.jpeg
E0A7A09C-D0E3-42BA-8FEE-D456C3AECF5E.jpeg
7421DC75-654E-468D-952B-28A6CF6ABF01.jpeg
Rest in Peace, Valerie. Thanks for countless laughs.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
The fact that Valerie lasted 6 1/2 years after her initial diagnosis is a testament to her strength as a person as well as the power of positive thinking. I think she was one of the most relatable celebrities of our time, so down-to-earth and self-effacing, and that's why I think she was so well-loved by the public and by her co-workers in the entertainment biz.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The fact that Valerie lasted 6 1/2 years after her initial diagnosis is a testament to her strength as a person as well as the power of positive thinking. I think she was one of the most relatable celebrities of our time, so down-to-earth and self-effacing, and that's why I think she was so well-loved by the public and by her co-workers in the entertainment biz.

I think one modern equivalent these days would be Joey King (and I think Joey's sister Hunter might count as well)!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That leaves Julie Kavner as the last living member of the Morgenstern family. It seemed like after Rhoda and Joe's divorce* Brenda became "the Rhoda" and Rhoda became "the Mary."

If anything hurt Rhoda most as a show, it was losing Nancy Walker to ABC.

*See also: Florida and Carl on Good Times.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
That leaves Julie Kavner as the last living member of the Morgenstern family. It seemed like after Rhoda and Joe's divorce* Brenda became "the Rhoda" and Rhoda became "the Mary."

*See also: Florida and Carl on Good Times.

Of course there’s still Louise “Liberty” Williams as Debbie Morgenstern in the OG Morgenstern family on Mary Tyler Moore.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford

I thought “Rhoda” was a great character in search of a spinoff premise. Didn’t Iike David Groh as her husband - he always seemed like a jerk. Nancy Walker was funny, but best in limited doses. Kavner was great, but all the other supporting characters really didn’t work for me.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They cut him loose as soon as they realized their mistake. What if they had waited a year to get married? Would that have made a difference or would it have just staved off the inevitable? My parents' courtship was about 18 months.

When this show was on its last legs, David Groh did a show for CBS called Another Day (which was at one point the intended title for Cheers) for Welcome Back Kotter producer James Komack with some of the writers and producers from All in the Family and One Day at a Time* in tow; after 4 episodes, it didn't see another day.

*One of whom should be familiar to collectors of Twilight Time Blu-rays.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I never picked up seasons 4 and 5.

many good deals on them??

Ive checked eBay and I feel like shout just had a sale???

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I remember six years ago, Cliff MacMillan (don't know if he still works for Shout!) said that Rhoda and Mr. Belvedere, two Fox properties licensed by Shout!, sold poorly. Well, here we are six years later, and Rhoda has been brought back.

So Mr. Belvedere fans, don't be surprised if that show is next (two more seasons remain).

Like Rhoda, Mr. Belvedere also has episodes that have only been seen in reruns including 2 in the fifth season and 8 in the last season. Also 2 episodes of the fourth season were held over to the fifth so I'm sure those will be included in the wrong season (the fifth).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks