What's new

Rhino's Cartoons on DVD Poll - Vote early and often! (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
This is the Poll.

What cartoons are you voting for?

Personally, I selected them all, as I feel all of them deserve to be released on DVD. If I had to pick one though, it would be the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. This was the first show I ever watched, the first toys I ever played with. Owning the series on DVD would be a dream come true.

If I had to pick a second it would be Thundercats, followed closely by Voltron.

I wonder if Rhino has purchased the rights to any of these series or if its using the results of the poll to decide which toons it will purchase the rights to. All in all, this is very exciting, as I'd almost bet that they'll pursue the release of AT LEAST the top vote-getter in the poll.

Everyone pick He-Man!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gee, Dane, where did you hear about that survey? :D

I say: Everyone pick He-Man AND Voltron, and write-in She-Ra. :emoji_thumbsup:

Actually, I think I voted for all but two of them, and that's only because I never got around to watching either M.A.S.K. or Thundercats. All the others would be a quick purchase in my house! Maybe a tad slower on Real Ghostbusters, but it's get picked up sooner or later. I really DID write-in for She-Ra, though. Just as good as He-Man in every way, even if girl-oriented.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
What are some of the options we can write in??? Do they mean any cartoon period??? If so, thats neat... I will have to vote again...

I already voted and picked He Man... That ones for you Dane... :wink:

I dont remember much about the show, but I do know I watched it along with She Ra when I was 5 or so...

I also voted for the Ninja Turtles... I was so involved with the show during it's peak, it wasnt even funny... Videos, action figures, toys, watching it daily, going to see the movie at the show, etc...

None of the others I ever saw so I really dont know how to vote...

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
They can get TF: Headmasters?! Give me that and the other Japanese series!

I practically voted for all of them.:)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I really DID write-in for She-Ra, though. Just as good as He-Man in every way, even if girl-oriented.
Totally agree. I watched the show all the time on the USA Cartoon Express. Hordak alone made the show not a typical "girlie" cartoon. Jem and the Holograms? THAT was a girlie cartoon!

I neglected the write-in category when I voted, but I'll have to go back and pull for She-Ra.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dane, thanks for the compliment! ;)

About these multiple votes:

I have NO idea how Rhino will handle it. But at the place where I work at (my full-time paying job), if we set up a poll/survey, and we detect multiple votes from the same source (and it's ridiculously easy to do, despite different names, different e-mail addresses, etc.), then we either disregard subsequent votes or we disregard all the votes from that source.

At TVShowsOnDVD, I know Gord recently had a problem along those lines with Boy Meets World voters...people were registering with multiple accounts from the same system we were logging, and jacking up the ranking of that show. He took off all extra votes from those sources and temporarily removed the listing from the site.

About the best you could get away with is 1 vote from your home computer and one from your work computer. And one from each friends' computer if they don't want to vote themselves. :D

Just a heads up, so noone wastes their time, in case Rhino (or whoever's administering this for them) is also watching in a similar way.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Real Ghostbusters for me, those were a HUGE part of my childhood...I believe I still have all the toys for each stashed somewhere.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Wow, this is so cool. I just hope that they eventually release all of the shows and not just the one that got the most votes! I know that I would definately buy almost all of them if they got released! I already voted, and I voted for almost all of them! I am especially hoping that ghostbusters and TNMT get released in their entierty. I also hope that when rhino releases gi joe, they also release the later DIC series episodes. I know that they were not at the marvel quality, but they were still fun to watch!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I voted for Voltron (second fave cartoon), Turtles (third fave) and Thundercats (you guessed it, fourth).

For other, I put in Bravestarr, BEST. CARTOON. EVER.

The shows had the best toys and some of the most creative animation of any of the eighties cartoons, wonderful, wonderful show.

www.bravestarr.net

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Have you HEARD the dub they would be using? (Headmasters) It's one of the worst to ever come out of the Australian English dub factory, notorious for making Carl Macek look like Hitchcock. I seriously doubt Rhino will spend the cash to redub it using the original cast members.

Absolutely no interest unless there's at least a sub option, and frankly the show isn't that good to begin with, nor is Transformers Victory.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Come on, people. Throw us D&D fans a bone here! At least, if it's the one with Eric and all of them people. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I put in the "other" category the following toons:

-Exosquad (which the entire run was one big story-arc)
-Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
I voted for several, chief among them Thundercats (what a show), and wrote in Conan the Adventurer (perhaps the most entertaining cartoon series I've discovered as an adult, and absolutely loved as an adult), and yes, She-Ra, a guilty pleasure. Worry not, a check mark was placed next to He-Man, as well. :emoji_thumbsup: I really hope someone puts out Conan in season sets. There are a couple of series on the Cartoon Network I absolutely love (Batman Beyond, now out of production, and the new Justice League, still in production), but I reckon Rhino wouldn't have access to those.

Martin_KA

Agent
I voted for Thundercats and Voltron
in the 'other' I wrote in Silver Hawks
I remember that cartoon being really great when I was younger

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
Come on guys! From reading the first 10 posts then going to the poll, I couldn't believe my eyes to see Dungeons and Dragons as an option. I'm sure I've seen lengthy posts in the past for this title, but She-Ra seems to have suddenly become popular. Although I loved He-man and Thundercats at the time, D&D is the only one I can get really excited about when I catch a repeat on TV.

If I had more time on my hands, I'd be inclined to try and fix this poll in D&Ds favour:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks