What's new

RHINO to release "exciting" MST3K DVD in 4th Q2003 (1 Viewer)

Ben_D

Agent
While waiting for the big announcement, can any of you rabid MST3K fans tell me what film features this scene: a skinny teenage boy, dressed like Gilligan w/ the red shirt, sitting on a bed while one of the robots sings Sarah McLachlan ("And I will be the one, to hold you down...") For some reason this caused me to laugh maniacally for much longer than it should have. Is it one of the episodes available on DVD?

RichD

Agent
The DTS thing was a joke. :b

What I really meant to say was that Rhino's big surprise is that the DVDs will all be SuperBit!

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator
"While waiting for the big announcement, can any of you rabid MST3K fans tell me what film features this scene: a skinny teenage boy, dressed like Gilligan w/ the red shirt, sitting on a bed while one of the robots sings Sarah McLachlan ("And I will be the one, to hold you down...") For some reason this caused me to laugh maniacally for much longer than it should have. Is it one of the episodes available on DVD?"

This was from The Final Sacrifice, one of the later, Sci-Fi Channel episodes. You can read about it here: http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/experiments/910/

(sorry, I'm hurrying my post)

Not on dvd yet, unfortunately, but it's still broadcast on SF Channel.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well Satellite News (MST3K Info Club) annouced that the four episodes in the box set will be GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS, HAMLET, SPACE MUTINY and OVERDRAWN AT THE MEMORY BANK. All four are from Sci-Fi Channel era, and Memory Bank and Space Mutiny both weren't in the video release from Best Brain from a while back.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
AHHHH! Space Mutiny! See, I was right when I said in post #18 that it should be IMO the funniest Sci-Fi episode featuring the stirring adventures of...

Stump Chunkman....

Bolt McLargehuge....

Steak Fistcrunch....

Buff Hardback....

...absolutely frickin great!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I wish it was the unseen riff they did on Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, but we know that won't happen.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I don't believe they ever did riff Star Trek V. Im pretty sure that was a fan riffing.

Any episodes released to DVD is a step in the right direction, but all of these episodes are on permanent recycle by Sci Fi, and wouldnt be considered rare.

They are some of the funniest episodes, but collector's like me would much rather upgrade our horrible VHS recorded episodes like Santa Clause Conquers The Martians, Rocketship X-M, and other early episodes.

The intros and extras are cool though, and will be picking up this new set for that alone.

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
"Brand new intros by Mike Nelson" makes perfect sense to me as extras since the host segments on the Sci-Fi episodes (especially Season 8) were, well, one long continuous story. And since the episodes listed for November are not in proper airdate order, it might get a tad confusing for people who only know the show from the DVDs. Mike might have to explain quite a few things for these new episodes: Where's Dr. Forester? What's with the talking gorilla and flamboyant albino? Why does Crow sound different? What are they doing in acient Rome?

Hopefully, these will be filmed from Mike's new apartment with his two roommates!
:D

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I just hope the DON'T SCREW UP and leave off the stinger on 'Overdrawn at the Memory Bank'.. it's been omitted off all the recent showings on SlyLi...

If someone has contact at Rhino... poke them about this..

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Having always lived where the SciFi channel has never been a part of my cable channel palette, I am indeed excited to finally see not just one, but four episodes from this era. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Joel C

Screenwriter
"My nuts?"

Great news. Can Diabolik! be far behind? We need that and Laserblast.

For those of us in Canada, like me, whose only exposure to broadcast MST3K was The Mystery Science Theater Hour broadcast at 0200 on Sunday morning, MST3K anything is more than welcome! The shows were never picked up here, and SPACE Channel is either unwilling or unable to obtain the rights to the show. I just hope they decide to release the previous single-film DVD's in a boxed set format. Less expensive that way.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
This is truly exciting news! Everyone at Rhino deserves credit for getting these releases out there. I can't believe they managed to get some Sci-fi episodes. Space Mutiny is one of my favorites, and Memory Bank stars Raul Julia. God, that man was a fantastic actor.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Any episodes released to DVD is a step in the right direction, but all of these episodes are on permanent recycle by Sci Fi, and wouldnt be considered rare.

They are some of the funniest episodes, but collector's like me would much rather upgrade our horrible VHS recorded episodes like Santa Clause Conquers The Martians, Rocketship X-M, and other early episodes.
my thoughts also.

the mike ones are good, but the joel ones are the best, for me.
especially santa clause conquers the martions.

"tony danza is an accomplished actor."

Bryan_Bortz

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome! These are some of the Best in my opinion, and one thing I have noticed about MST3K is that everyone has a favorite, and they are not all the same!

My all time fav of the ones I have seen is Jack Frost. I hope that it gets a DVD release in the future.

-Owl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks