Rhino Press Release: PETER GABRIEL -STILL GROWING UP- LIVE AND UNWRAPPED

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ronald Epstein, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    An Incredible Performer Captured At His Best….

PETER GABRIEL -STILL GROWING UP- LIVE AND UNWRAPPED
    2 Disc Set of Live Hits Including “In Your Eyes”, “Red Rain”, “Sledgehammer” and “Digging In The Dirt” Along With A Never Before Seen Documentary Available To Own On DVD November 22nd

Los Angeles—Warner Strategic Marketing presents PETER GABRIEL- STILL GROWING UP- LIVE AND UNWRAPPED arriving on DVD November 22, 2005. November 2003 saw the release of Peter Gabriel’s GROWING UP LIVE DVD, chronicling his world tour, which was celebrated for its spectacular theatrics. PETER GABRIEL-STILL GROWING UP- LIVE AND UNWRAPPED brings Gabriel together again with the award winning director Hamish Hamilton, capturing his performances in all sorts of smaller and more intimate venues around Europe for the LIVE version of the DVD. For the UNWRAPPED documentary Peter’s daughter Anna collaborated with Hamish Hamilton to show an intimate side of the performer. It includes behind-the-scenes moments from the tour and for the first-time-ever an extended interview. Gabriel has recorded some of the most distinctive and revelatory pop music of the last 25 years and this DVD is a must for fans of the remarkable performer. The DVD features 13 main tracks as well as 7 bonus performances that highlight the creative visuals that have accompanied Gabriel’s live shows.

Gabriel’s impact on the music world is unparalleled. As the lead singer of Genesis in the ‘70s, Gabriel’s theatrical nature propelled him to critically acclaimed success with the band. His solo work followed with a string of hits that included Shock the Monkey, Sledgehammer, and In Your Eyes. Gabriel has sold millions of albums, earning eight gold and three platinum/multiplatinum RIAA certifications.

DVD Special Features

In addition to the tracks listed, the DVD includes extras of In Your Eyes from the 2004 Still Growing Up Live Tour, and No Self Control from the 1988 This Way Up world tour film P.O.V. It also includes exclusive early studio footage of Peter and the band performing Darkness, No Way Out and Growing Up ahead of his forthcoming Growing Up Live tour in 2002. Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, DTS, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo (except bonus tracks from performance at Later...with Jools Holland) have also been used.

PETER GABRIEL-“STILL GROWING UP-LIVE AND UNWRAPPED”
    Street Date: November 22, 2005
    Total Running Time: 206 minutes

DISC 1:
    The Feeling Begins
    Red Rain
    Secret World
    White Ashes
    Games Without Frontiers
    Burn You Up, Burn You Down
    The Tower That Ate People
    San Jacinto
    Digging in the Dirt
    Solsbury Hill
    Sledgehammer
    Come Talk to Me
    Biko

BONUS FEATURES:
    In Your Eyes from the 2004 Still Growing Up Live Tour
    No Self Control from the 1988 This Way Up world tour film P.O.V.

DISC 2:
    Still Growing Up Unwrapped Documentary Film: 83 minutes

BONUS FEATURES:
    Exclusive early studio footage of Peter and the band performing Darkness, No Way Out and Growing Up ahead of his forthcoming Growing Up Live Tour in 2002.
    Peter Gabriel performing Downside Up and Father, Son on Later…with Jools Holland

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

Awesome!

Growing Up Live is one of my top 5 DVDs of all-time and tied for first with "Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense" as my favorite music DVD.

I'll be picking this up immediately.

I wish there were more tracks from his earlier days though, especially from the third & 4th albums.

3. Richard Splinte

received mine last week. It's has a very different look than Growing up dvd. You see a montage of concerts he played during this tour. A couple where he used the classic circle stage of the Growing Up tour, but also when he played smaller venue's and festivals (outdoor) and had a front stage.

and great to see San Jacinto performed live again.

to bad though you only see the intro of The Feeling begins, and not the whole song, like he did on the Mandela concert in Mondoe.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I got mine today. I am a bit disturbed at the mix of video sources during individual songs, but the audio is all mixed together nicely so I'll cope. I love those Segways during Games Without Frontiers! He and his daughter also used them in Dallas when I saw a amphitheater version of the show.

- Steve