Rhino Press Release: MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 COLLECTION - Volume 9

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, May 8, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Zombies! Aliens! Rebels! and Sinister Urges! It’s….
    MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000
    COLLECTION – Volume 9

Following the success of the previous volumes, MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 COLLECTION - VOLUME 9 comes to DVD May 16th

Los Angeles--The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 COLLECTION continues with Volume 9, hitting DVD May 16th. How can something so awful be so much fun? That’s a riddle solved once again by the men, women, and robots of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000, which turns affectionate mockery into an art form in this new collection of deliriously funny episodes from the beloved TV series. Joel, Mike, Tom Servo, Crow, and the usual gang of misfits take us on another memorable ride through four films that only the films’ mothers could love. Fasten your seatbelts. The Satellite of Love is back in action at warped speed.

This beautiful 4-disc set includes 4, never-before-on-DVD, original TV series films and brand-new introductions from the stars of the original movies. Each film, a journey within itself, combines to equal over 375 minutes of mysterious fun.

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 COLLECTION - VOLUME 9
    Street Date:May 16, 2006
    Total Running Time:+/- 375 minutes

EPISODES
    WOMEN OF THE PREHISTORIC PLANET – The search for a crashed spaceship leads a rescue party through a time/space doorway to a dangerous, tropical planet.

WILD REBELS – A former stock-car racer goes undercover to bust a motorcycle gang terrorizing South Florida.

THE SINISTER URGE – Ed Wood Jr.’s classic tale of the smut trade in 1960s Hollywood.

THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES – A young man is hypnotized by an evil fortune-teller and turned into a zombie killer. Naturally, it’s a musical.

SPECIAL FEATURES/ EXTRAS
    New introductions from stars of the original movies

2. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Thank you, Mr. Epstein! This is terrific news!

3. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Producer
    Supporter

Excellent!

There are several in this set I have not seen!

Who hooo!

[​IMG]

mw

4. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Any idea why MST3K is R1-only? Is this a rights clearance issue, and if so why not release it R0? There is definitely an international fanbase, and not just of expats like me; if a title isn't getting an international release I don't see the point in doing the region thing.

5. PhilDB

PhilDB Auditioning

I don't know where you are, but region-free DVD players are as common as hell in Europe and Australasia. Hell, you can buy them from supermarkets over here in NZ and I believe it's the same over in the UK as well.

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Thanks for the update. The only MST 3000 title I own is a movie called Beginning of the End about giant grasshoppers that destroy Ludlow, IL, a small town about 20 miles North of where I live. It is priceless entertainment.

7. Sean Richardson

Sean Richardson Stunt Coordinator

You may be interested to know that, of the DVDs, that's the only one which has gone out of print.