What's new

Rhapsody stops and starts a lot on my Onkyo TX-NR808 (1 Viewer)

Mary Ray

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary Ray
I don't have this problem running Rhapsody on the internet on my computer, or on my Kindle Fire. It is only when I run it on my Home Theater. Rhapsody says to uninstall and reinstall Rhapsody on the receiver. I don't think that's something I can initiate myself. I'm assuming I'd have to contact Onkyo and see if they can do that.
I assume the stopping and starting is a buffering problem, but maybe not. Meanwhile I have a smart TV that runs Netflix and Pandora through Panasonic's "Viera Cast". I have no problems with these programs stopping and starting. What is it about Rhapsody? it requires even less data than Netflix.
Anyone have this experience? Anyone with some advice?
Thanks so much.
Mary

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have a feeling this is a Rhapsody issue. The interwebs are littered with Rhapsody not working in networked AVRs...and not just Onkyo.
Try Slacker to see if it does the same thing. Also, make sure the firmware is current.

Mary Ray

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary Ray
Thanks, Sam. I knew I should have posted that I do have the latest firmware. I'll give slacker a try. I didn't realize Rhapsody had such a problem overall with networked AVRs. Good to know. And their answer is to simply reinstall Rhapsody. Huh.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Exactly...
Before you get Onkyo involved, try the V-Tuner, Slacker and whatever else there is.
IF they all do this, then yes it is an AVR problem. You might still be under warranty. It has 2 years...

Mary Ray

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary Ray
Well, I may have a solution. I didn't realize until last night that I could add the Rhapsody App to my smart TV (Panasonic with Vieracast). Instead of running Rhapsody through the Onkyo receiver, I can run it as an internet app. Now I'm just horribly curious as to how long it's been an option on my TV - because the app is much more manageable in so many ways. The Onkyo Rhapsody app was horrible. In your library, you couldn't even see both your Album Title and Artist UNTIL you actually PLAYED a track. With the TV internet app, you not only see all that, but you can browse similar artists. In the Onkyo app, you couldn't even see the albums you'd selected for a particular artist. It would only SHOW ALL ALBUMS. The TV App shows only the albums you put in your library from a particular artist, with an option to then go look at MORE of their albums. Time will tell if any buffering problems occur, but so far, so good!! With fingers crossed, Mary P.S. If anyone knows when Rhapsody became available on Panasonic Vieracast, please let me know. I want to know how long I've been suffering needlessly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks