RGB questions....

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KerryC, Jun 22, 2003.

1. KerryC

KerryC Auditioning

I need help please!

I recently purchased a house that has a room that is pre-wired for a home theater. This includes wiring for an overhead projector.

The three wires that are routed to the projector site are an "RGB+H/V", S-Video, and CAT 5E. The projector I am considering buying does not have an RGB input, only Component, S-video, Composite and DVI. Is there any way to use the RGB cables in a hookup like this? (I will have a progressive scan DVD player and hope to have HD television through my cable soon, so I don't want to settle for just the S-video.)

My other question relates to the other end....I would like to connect my video sources to an A/V receiver and output them from the receiver to the projector. I've noticed some of the better receivers have Component switching as well as S-Video and Composite. What about RGB? If I elect to purchase a projector with RGB inputs (ie Sony VW12HT) will I be unable to connect the RGB cables to a receiver?

Lastly, why would a CAT 5E wire be routed to the projector site?

Thank you for any help, I am pretty confused at this point.

Kerry

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph

3. KerryC

KerryC Auditioning

Thank you for your reply. You mention I can use just 3 of the 5 cables for just straight component or use all 5 for HDTV purposes. Just to confirm, if I am using just 3 of the cables into a HighDef projector (ie. Sony HS10 Cineza), and my source is HD, a high definition picture will be displayed.

Thanks again for your help.
    Kerry