RGB DVD Player for Projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vijay, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Vijay

Vijay Agent

Hi Guys Help me out...
    I have an Optoma EZPRO 615H LCD Projector, that is giving a very good picture, but I think it could be better I THINK?
    It has no Component video hook up just RGB and S-Video, So I was thinking of importing a multi-region DVD player from UK since most of their players have RGB-out. Now while I'm at it, I might just order a progressive scan one.
    Will all this make a big differece? and I know this may sound stupid but does your projector need to be some what compatible to recieve Progressive scan?
    And all this may cost around 300.00 bucks So do you think its worth it?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Vijay, I am moving this thread to the Audio/Video Sources are of the HTF where you may get a better response.

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Vijay, I got Key Digital KD-CTCA2 component to RGB converter for sligtly over $200 on eBay and does a decent job. I believe it's MSRP is about $300.

4. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

My projector (NEC LT150) has a VGA connector that accepts component input using a VGA to RGB(component) breakout cable so no transcoder is necessary. Are you sure yours doesn't do the same?

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Gil, if you're asking me — I'm sure about my projector. Don't know if the same is true for Vijay's.