RGB 15 pin cable question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Thomas, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas Second Unit

I'm planning to hook up a HD STB (Samsung 150) to a Pioneer Elite 610 via RGB 15 pin cable. I've seen some cables going for $10 or less. Are these ok or should I be looking for a particular quality level?

2. Ken Smith

Ken Smith Stunt Coordinator

I'm not that much of an expert but it seems like for $10.00 it might be for a computer. I got the RGB cable 15 pin cable for my Elite 710 from www.bettercables.com and it's great. I've had it for about 9 months and I've had no problems. I believe it was around $150.00 for 5 meters. Pricey, but good quality.

3. Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas Second Unit

Thanks Ken. I didn't see the 15 pin cable on their web site. I'll have to send them and email.

4. Ken Smith

Ken Smith Stunt Coordinator

Gary,

When you go to BetterCables.com look to the left side of the Home page.Under Video Cables click on VGA/VGA Breakout, then click on VGA. I believe this is what you're looking for. This is also what I'm using with my Zenith 1080HD STB and my Pioneer Elite 710.

5. Jay_E

Jay_E Stunt Coordinator

Gary,
    If your length is not more than 10 ft. I would try a good quality PC monitor cable like this one. I use a similar cable with my HDTV stb and Mits. RPTV with excellent results. Good luck.
    Jay