What's new

RGB 15 pin cable question (1 Viewer)

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
I'm planning to hook up a HD STB (Samsung 150) to a Pioneer Elite 610 via RGB 15 pin cable. I've seen some cables going for $10 or less. Are these ok or should I be looking for a particular quality level?

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not that much of an expert but it seems like for $10.00 it might be for a computer. I got the RGB cable 15 pin cable for my Elite 710 from www.bettercables.com and it's great. I've had it for about 9 months and I've had no problems. I believe it was around $150.00 for 5 meters. Pricey, but good quality.

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,

When you go to BetterCables.com look to the left side of the Home page.Under Video Cables click on VGA/VGA Breakout, then click on VGA. I believe this is what you're looking for. This is also what I'm using with my Zenith 1080HD STB and my Pioneer Elite 710.

Jay_E

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,
If your length is not more than 10 ft. I would try a good quality PC monitor cable like this one. I use a similar cable with my HDTV stb and Mits. RPTV with excellent results. Good luck.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks