What's new

RF Universal Remote? (1 Viewer)

ChadFetter

Grip
I am building a new house, and in my Master bedroom, I would like to have a LCD/Plasma on my wall with no components showing. I would like to be able to hide the components in a closet, but then I wouldn't have line of sight for an Infra red remote.

Is there any way to get a universal RF remote so I could keep my components in the Closet, and still drive everything?

ChadFetter

Grip
I am building a new house, and in my Master bedroom, I would like to have a LCD/Plasma on my wall with no components showing. I would like to be able to hide the components in a closet, but then I wouldn't have line of sight for an Infra red remote.

Is there any way to get a universal RF remote so I could keep my components in the Closet, and still drive everything?

Dean_S

Second Unit
I'm sure there are a few RF remotes available but you might also consider using an IR repeater with one of the very small IR recvrs. These recvr can be mounted in a wall plate, in hole on a cabinet or double sided tape to the tv itself. Some examples of the different shapes and sizes available:
http://www.xantech.com/ click products, scroll to IR recv...look at 480-00 (Dinky link), 490-00 (micro link), 780-10 (j box)

Dean_S

Second Unit
I'm sure there are a few RF remotes available but you might also consider using an IR repeater with one of the very small IR recvrs. These recvr can be mounted in a wall plate, in hole on a cabinet or double sided tape to the tv itself. Some examples of the different shapes and sizes available:
http://www.xantech.com/ click products, scroll to IR recv...look at 480-00 (Dinky link), 490-00 (micro link), 780-10 (j box)

MikeSRC

Second Unit
There are a number of options available. Look at the Home Theater Master MX-600, the Universal Remote Control URC-100, 200 or 300 with the MRF-100 RF base station, the Xantech solution mentioned above or the Hot Link Pro (similar to the Xantech but cheaper). If the components are close to the plasma (ie: directly behind them), an IR repeater system (Xantech, Niles or Hot Link) requires a little more care in placement than RF due to potential interference from the plasma TV.

MikeSRC

Second Unit
There are a number of options available. Look at the Home Theater Master MX-600, the Universal Remote Control URC-100, 200 or 300 with the MRF-100 RF base station, the Xantech solution mentioned above or the Hot Link Pro (similar to the Xantech but cheaper). If the components are close to the plasma (ie: directly behind them), an IR repeater system (Xantech, Niles or Hot Link) requires a little more care in placement than RF due to potential interference from the plasma TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks