RF Universal Remote?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by ChadFetter, Jun 23, 2004.

1. ChadFetter

ChadFetter Extra

I am building a new house, and in my Master bedroom, I would like to have a LCD/Plasma on my wall with no components showing. I would like to be able to hide the components in a closet, but then I wouldn't have line of sight for an Infra red remote.

Is there any way to get a universal RF remote so I could keep my components in the Closet, and still drive everything?

2. ChadFetter

ChadFetter Extra

I am building a new house, and in my Master bedroom, I would like to have a LCD/Plasma on my wall with no components showing. I would like to be able to hide the components in a closet, but then I wouldn't have line of sight for an Infra red remote.

Is there any way to get a universal RF remote so I could keep my components in the Closet, and still drive everything?

3. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I'm sure there are a few RF remotes available but you might also consider using an IR repeater with one of the very small IR recvrs. These recvr can be mounted in a wall plate, in hole on a cabinet or double sided tape to the tv itself. Some examples of the different shapes and sizes available:
    http://www.xantech.com/ click products, scroll to IR recv...look at 480-00 (Dinky link), 490-00 (micro link), 780-10 (j box)

4. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I'm sure there are a few RF remotes available but you might also consider using an IR repeater with one of the very small IR recvrs. These recvr can be mounted in a wall plate, in hole on a cabinet or double sided tape to the tv itself. Some examples of the different shapes and sizes available:
    http://www.xantech.com/ click products, scroll to IR recv...look at 480-00 (Dinky link), 490-00 (micro link), 780-10 (j box)

5. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

There are a number of options available. Look at the Home Theater Master MX-600, the Universal Remote Control URC-100, 200 or 300 with the MRF-100 RF base station, the Xantech solution mentioned above or the Hot Link Pro (similar to the Xantech but cheaper). If the components are close to the plasma (ie: directly behind them), an IR repeater system (Xantech, Niles or Hot Link) requires a little more care in placement than RF due to potential interference from the plasma TV.

6. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

There are a number of options available. Look at the Home Theater Master MX-600, the Universal Remote Control URC-100, 200 or 300 with the MRF-100 RF base station, the Xantech solution mentioned above or the Hot Link Pro (similar to the Xantech but cheaper). If the components are close to the plasma (ie: directly behind them), an IR repeater system (Xantech, Niles or Hot Link) requires a little more care in placement than RF due to potential interference from the plasma TV.