What's new

RF Demodulator (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Dan

Auditioning
okay...i've been searching the web and have an idea what an RF demodulator is, but it seems to me you would only need one of these for a laser disc player not a dvd to receiver? Would anyone be able to tell me if I would need an RF demod to run coax between a DVD to my receiver to get the digital conection?

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
It allows you to connection your DVD player to your TV thru the antenna coax connection. This is usually necessary only if your TV doesn't have S-Jacks, component or composite inputs for the video.

Trevor H

Second Unit
Jeff, I have a RF demod. it is for going between a laserdisc player and a DD reciever that does not have a digital RF input, to answer your question you do not need one for a DVD player.
Reginald, I think you are thinking about an RF modulator.
------------------
Trevor Harder
My HT Page
[email protected]

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Trevor you're right, I stand corrected. I've had a long day maybe it's time I got some rest?
wink.gif

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, you don't need an RF Demodulator to hook up your DVD player to your reciever. You can hook the digital line from your DVD player right into the digital input on the reciever. The RF Demodulator was used for LaserDisc to decode AC-3 (Dolby Digital) off of a Dolby Digital laserdisc to a reciever/preamp that does not have an onboard RF Demodulator. Many of the first generation Dolby Digital Recievers/Preamps had the RF Demod built into the unit. But as time went on and DVD became more popular stereo makers dropped the onboard RF Demod to save money. Hope this helps you out.
Corey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks