What's new

Rez in the UK- Help!!! (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
OK, I'm now really confused. Electronics Boutique/Game insist that the UK release date for the Dreamcast Rez has gone back to February. Anyone who claims to be selling it is apparently lying or in big trouble for breaking street date.
Meanwhile, Gamestation and HMV insist that it was released on Friday, and Watford Gamestation even have a copy that I could buy, if I could actually get to it in the next two weeks :frowning: . Simplygames.co.uk have it in a big 'Out Now' box on their front page, but the order page lists it as preorder only.
So, has anybody
1) managed to buy this themselves yet?
2) know where I can order it that will definitely deliver it soon, rather than play the 'oh no, they put the release date back on Friday rather than put it out to buy'.
I am _so_ looking forward to this game!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
OK, I'm now really confused. Electronics Boutique/Game insist that the UK release date for the Dreamcast Rez has gone back to February. Anyone who claims to be selling it is apparently lying or in big trouble for breaking street date.
EB/Game are talking bollocks. Big Ben say it came out on the 11th. In fact, certain Game/EB shops *are* selling it now. They don't have much stock of it though, I'm afraid.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I had a feeling they were making excuses for not having it; thanks - now I just need to track down a copy...

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I can't speak for the UK, but considering the release dates appear to be the same... it's very hard to come by.

Every store I checked (yes, I really want this game) was sold out the first day and didn't know when they were getting more.

Stores I checked: FunCoLand, EB, Toys R Us, Target (several variations of each).

Funny how unclassifiable games like this get totally underestimated and sell out the first day, and then scummy titled like 'The Grinch' and 'Driven' are sitting in piles of 2,000 at every B&M in the country.

Joseph

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Joseph I hear you on that comment! I love UGA's games and I cannot find this one at all.

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
The game is definitely out. I just received my dreamcast version today from gameplay.com. It looks & sounds fantastic. Between this & my newly acquired Headhunter & Shenmue II, I'm going to be busy for a long time to come!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Lots and lots of copies of the DC version at HMV in Oxford Street, who still carry a healthy selection of DC titles. Think it was £27 or something, I was a bit too busy dooling over the newly installed X-Box/Halo display unit opposite the DC shelves. :)
Dan (UK)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Relief at last. Guess whats sitting on my desk at work; rhymes with a member of the Happy Mondays ;)
I ordered it from Gameplay, who politely informed me that I'd have to wait until today or Monday (fortunately its the earlier of the two) as they would reserve me one out of their Third!!! shipment since release. Someone really underestimated how popular this would be.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Iain, the reason they underestimated stock is because almost every DC game released in the last six months in the UK has sold next to nothing. The one recent exception is Shen Mue 2. Even HeadHunter sold near zilch.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
That I can believe. With so many great games on the console being sold off for practically pocket money to a rather small installed base, new games at £30 a pop are bound to sell poorly. Most DC owners probably bought it to supplement their Sony machine as well, and so probably don't need what seems to be pitched as an MGS ripoff when they can play the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks