What's new

Revolver Super Deluxe coming Fall 2022. See post 12. (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
With newer technology they might be able to isolate instruments better and make a better mix. Hopefully at least getting the vocals to the center.

An interview with Giles Martin about how this "disamalgamation" process was done using an "AI" program, which he and Peter Jackson's team were looking at. Very cryptic.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Hello all,

I'm quite pleased with the Revolver Special Edition (Super Deluxe) Box Set. I think the "demixing" process worked out well, and the vocals, guitars, drums, etc are impressive.

I especially like the two Studio Sessions discs. Hearing Rain at the speed it was played in originally is quite a treat. Who knew that the John Lennon's working tape of Yellow Submarine would have the song lyrics, "In the town where I was born/no one cared/no one cared..." ? Got To Get You Into My Life with the fuzz tone guitar (like the Stones Satisfaction) instead of the horns is unique, too.

I do agree, however, that there should have been a Blu-ray with the Dolby Atmos mix . The other four Beatles Special Edition (Super Deluxe) box sets included one.

My review of the Revolver CD box set went online today. The link is below:

Thanks,
Marshall

https://discover.hubpages.com/enter...r-Special-Edition-Super-Deluxe-Box-Set-Review

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This release is quite frustrating. I really don't care for or want any of the alternate takes/sessions discs, and yet another Beatles book (in a awkward LP size to boot). All I care about is Disc 1 (the new stereo mix), Disc 4 (the newly remastered mono), and Disc 5 (EP with the singles from the session in new stereo and mono). The *only* way to get these is to purchase the overpriced "Super Deluxe" set.

Guess they don't want my money - I'll just get the double CD with the new stereo mix of the album and singles and be happy with my current mono disc.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This release is quite frustrating. I really don't care for or want any of the alternate takes/sessions discs, and yet another Beatles book (in a awkward LP size to boot). All I care about is Disc 1 (the new stereo mix), Disc 4 (the newly remastered mono), and Disc 5 (EP with the singles from the session in new stereo and mono). The *only* way to get these is to purchase the overpriced "Super Deluxe" set.

Guess they don't want my money - I'll just get the double CD with the new stereo mix of the album and singles and be happy with my current mono disc.
I got my 2 disc set and love it!!! I grew up with the The Beatles, but u can only dig in so far...for me, the 2 cd set was perfect and did it for me!!! What I'd love is a comprable Rubber Soul addition!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Add me to the list of people bummed that the Atmos mix has no physical release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks