What's new

Revolution Season 2 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
"Dreamcatcher" was an interesting episode. I still think Aaron should have worked with the nanotech from the beginning so they would help him and his friends. Of course, that would make things too easy.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
One thing I didn't get a definitive on, is Aaron's x-wife nano? I think so right? The scene with her at the seemed to indicate that or that's she's controled by them?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't think we are supposed to get a 'definitive'. At least not yet.My guess is that the nano are involved and her affection has been altered/increased as a reward

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's a reward; I think the nanos are manipulating his ex-wife to keep tabs on Aaron. Clearly they're not finished with him.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
I don't think it's a reward; I think the nanos are manipulating his ex-wife to keep tabs on Aaron. Clearly they're not finished with him.
He fixed them once. If something else goes wrong, they want him around to fix things again. They need to to keep him relatively safe, but thinking he is controlling his own destiny.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just caught up with a marathon of the past eight episodes. Turned out pretty decent, much better than last season. Now that it's really improving, I think it deserves a chance to go on.I do have to laugh at some of the major things we're supposed to overlook, kind of like near instant DNA results on crime shows. Biggest one is How they travel from DC to Willoughby, New Vegas, Lubbock, etc. like they've got jet planes running regular schedules. On foot, trips that would take months certainly are time condensed. But it's a small complaint, enjoying the rest of it.

Hope it's renewed. Nothing I've read for certain, the numbers aren't terrible (it's only .10 behind Grimm), seems to be kind of in the middle on NBC, so hope it's safe for a third season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Despite not being in TV Guide and other advance schedules there was an episode on April 2. It is available at nbc.com and had major plot developments.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Has this show been cancelled for next season? There seems to be only two shows remaining this year and I wonder if they're planning a series ending finale, or if its even worth watching.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was surprised by the performance by Tracy Spiridakos (Charlie) in this week's episode, they aren't holding back with her anymore nowadays.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
Yep, it has been cancelled. Erased the past three episodes I haven't watched and dumped it off the DVR.

This was a long term story, easily five or more seasons, but I'm not going to waste my time watching a few more episodes, knowing the show is going nowhere. Sad, it was actually pretty decent.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Stan said:
Yep, it has been cancelled. Erased the past three episodes I haven't watched and dumped it off the DVR.

This was a long term story, easily five or more seasons, but I'm not going to waste my time watching a few more episodes, knowing the show is going nowhere. Sad, it was actually pretty decent.
I've never understood this kind of thinking. I watch a show because I enjoy the story the episode shows, or I enjoy watching the characters interact. I don't watch a show just to get from point A to point B.

For me, if a show is canceled, well, its canceled. There are still several hours of enjoyment waiting for me. If it never reaches point B, so be it.

If its not a mini-series (or limited series) where the entire reason for the show is to tell an enclosed story, but rather an open-ended show, then I'm in for the ride. As long as I can.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
I've never understood this kind of thinking. I watch a show because I enjoy the story the episode shows, or I enjoy watching the characters interact. I don't watch a show just to get from point A to point B.

For me, if a show is canceled, well, its canceled. There are still several hours of enjoyment waiting for me. If it never reaches point B, so be it.

If its not a mini-series (or limited series) where the entire reason for the show is to tell an enclosed story, but rather an open-ended show, then I'm in for the ride. As long as I can.
I understand your reasoning. Maybe I've just been burned to many times by shows like FlashForward and "V", which I really enjoyed, only to see them rather unceremoniously come to an end.Not at all in this genre, but thoroughly enjoyed "The Neighbors", also cancelled. But it was given a decent ending, even left open just in case it was renewed. The writing was on the wall for Revolution with all the gaps between episodes, seemed pretty obvious it wasn't coming back. Might catch the last one or two shows to see how or if it truly finishes, rather than just being chopped off and never coming back.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Id be surprised if they had a proper ending in store due to time. However, it is also not surprising it got cancelled. Far too many episodes went nowhere and were often dull and the continued inclusion of Munro and Tom after what they have done just doesn't work given what we know of all the characters and what they have done. It is there purely because they don't want to lose the actors. The show would have had a much greater impact for killing off these characters when necessary instead of killing of the support in an attempt to shock. Would have allowed them to move the story forward too.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Do shows that are on the bubble ever film two endings? One cliffhanger and one series ender? There's a lot of loose ends to tie up in this one. They must have known this might be coming some time back.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think the budget usually allows for two different endings. Some series try and straddle the line, wrapping up some of the primary plot lines while still allowing themselves an escape hatch if they need to continue for another season.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I love serialized storytelling 100x more than episodic storytelling, but the one thing I hate about it is when the storytellers are sloppy and don't end a season of television properly. I don't care if they have the intention of several more years of story, end the freaking year of story you are telling. It always seemed lazy to me when a show builds to a big climax for the drama of the build up but ends on a massive cliffhanger. Then at the start of the new season they generally just brush past the resolution of the cliffhanger quickly because they want to start telling the next season's story. And if its cancelled the viewer is SOL.The best way to do things is to have a season arc and a series arc. The season arc should build and be resolved within one season of storytelling, and the series arc simply advances through each season. Minor things can be unresolved, seeds can be panted for the next season's story, and the season can end with a big change leaving the viewer to wonder what the direction of the next season will be. All of that is fine. But ending a season with a full-on cliffhanger in the middle of a crisis without resolution to the 20-some episodes the viewer has invested in stinks. And many of my favorite shows have been guilty of this. I used I be annoyed at the networks when shows like this were cancelled without a proper ending. I no longer hold it against the networks. I now completely blame the show runners and writers if they leave their audience hanging for eternity because of a cancellation. If they aren't 100% certain that the show has been renewed at the time they are writting the season finale they should treat it as though it may me the last episode of this story they get to tell and leave it in a place of resolution for the season's arc while still leaving things open to continue the rest of the story if they have the opportunity. But for the love of God please don't end on a stupid cliffhanger. Since I haven't seen the season finale of Revolution yet I don't know how relevant this rant it. I'm hoping they are able to end it with some degree of resolution and I hope there is no cliffhanger. I'll just have to see.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Whether there is a cliffhanger or not I'd be surprised if they could end this in any sort of satisfactory way - too many larger plot threads that can't be resolved properly

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well they did end the Patriots storyline. But, introduced a whole new plot with the nano's taking over all of the bad guys from the show. The whole nano plot really annoyed me. To omnipotent. I think they should have put the power back on at the end of last season and shown the repercussions of the power going back on. I do wish the producers could find a way of letting fans know what was going to happen and how it will finally be resolved.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame they couldn't have reshot the last fifteen minutes to resolve the nano storyline, since the season long plot of the patriots was pretty satisfactorily resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks