What's new

Revised SCTV on DVD Campaign (1 Viewer)

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone:

I have given this whole business of music clearance and TV Shows On DVD a lot of thought. I think many people may not see the situation the way I do. This is not a matter of right or wrong, but simply a difference of opinion.

I have revised my SCTV on DVD Campaign. The message is much more positive now and the idea is to invite people to become a part of that campaign. I do not even expect anyone to respond to my message. I would ask that you simply take a look at the campaign and decide for yourself if you wish to become involved.

I am hoping that people who already have SCTV sites of their own might decide to partner up with me on this. We have nothing to lose really. I decided to start the campaign based on the Moonlighting Campaign. I figured, if the Moonlighting fans could make sure their favorite show was released on DVD, complete and uncut, why shouldn't SCTV fans be able to do the same thing?

Here is the very successful Mooonlighting Campaign:
http://www.moonlightingdvd.com/

Their campaign was successful because the studio actually worked along with the consumers.
We have nothing to lose by getting involved.

Shawn

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Just a very minor note...

Yes, the Moonlighting campaign was very successful, and series creator Glen Caron was adamantly opposed to having the series released with music replacements, and refused to cooperate with earlier release plans which would have taken that route.

Even so, one glaring music substitution (so far) was absolutely impossible to avoid, as licensing could not be obtained for "The William Tell Overture" which served as the score for a key chase scene in the episode "The Lady In The Iron Mask".

Sometimes, rights are, quite literally, IMPOSSIBLE to obtain. (As is the current situation with Led Zeppelin and "Stairway To Heaven.")

I'm not trying to discourage your efforts, but I just hope you realize that some things just aren't going to happen.

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Linda:

Thanks for the note. I will certainly keep this in mind. My theory however, is that if we don't do everything we can to change the situation, then we won't get any kind of results.

I do need supporters to the campaign, especially other SCTV sites.

If you have an SCTV site and want to be a campaign supporter:
http://www.runstop.de/bennysplace/sctv/supporters.html

If you want to show your support by placing a banner on your site to the campaign:
http://www.runstop.de/bennysplace/sctv/banners.html

Thanks,
Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks