What's new

Reviews on the SVS 25-31pc? (1 Viewer)

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to get on of these. I'll be moving on the 8th of March. The living is 20x18. Will this be enough? I really like the size of 25-31pc. It's the smallest of the bunch. From the photos on the SVS website, it's just the size that I'm looking for. The bigger ones just don't seem to do it for me. I don't won't my sub bigger than my towers.

Does anyone have any reviews or photos of the 25-31 that they can share?

Charles

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I too am looking at this sub in the near future, however, if you look on svs website it says.....
Despite fantastic demand for the Powered Cylinder subwoofer, we couldn't leave well enough alone. We're in the process of making some changes to the PC platform. What results will be well worth waiting for, and soon you too will know the power of SVS and "i".
So I guess we wait until the end of February too find out whats going on with this model.
For the review go here : http://www.audioreview.com/Subwoofer...6_2741crx.aspx
But any other input would help the both of us. My room size is approx 18 feet long x 10 feet wide. I need a sub that will sit IN the corner. Will this sub work properly tight against the corner? Unline a box sub which needs room to the sides/rear?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
hi,
my fellow californian HTF member Lee Bailey added an SVS 25-31PC chapter AND LINK TO A REVIEW at his fine website a year ago. It prompted me to go for one -- mine is serial 00026 -- and I intend to get the driver upgrade!
Bailey website

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
Your room will work just fine. I too just ordered the woofer upgrade Bill! How're those Paradigms holding up?
My review is posted here:Link Removed

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Bailey

That's exactly what I needed too see. I can't wait to get my own. Maybe when I get mine it will have the updated driver as well.

Charles

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Charles and Brian,

The 25-31PCshould work fine in both of your applications...it's really a great *do-all* subwoofer...as long as you don't want it to reproduce pipe organs at high levels.

Give us a few days or so and will have some info on the minor changes SVS is going thru with the PC lineup right now.

TV

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i owned a 31PC until just recently (upgraded to a 46+) and can tell you that i was very pleased with it. the bass was clean, low, and loud. movies and music will never sound the same again after you experience them with a good sub. as Tom said, unless you listen to pipe organ music (or just want really, really deep extension!), the 31PC will do you nicely. for all practical purposes (especially 99% of music), most people would prefer the sound of a sub tuned at 20-30Hz.

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I want to think everyone for their replies. Everyting has been positive thus far. I am eagerly anticipating the day that I get a SVS sub. Probably when I get my taxes back(granted I don't spended on the move) or some time in May with the money I'm actually saying up for it.

Tom,

Thanks for feedback as well. I'll be looking for more info on the PC line upgrade as it becomes available.

Thomas,

Glad to hear your short visit with the 25-31 was a positive one.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks