What's new

Review: JVC JX-S111 AV Switcher (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I purchased a component video switcher to integrate my new Xbox into my system. The review is posted here in the Gaming Hardware Forum but since it also applies to general HT applications I'll reference it here.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Indeed, great post & review.

I have one comment on sending 1080i through the box. Some people feel that a minimum of 37MHz is needed, suggesting that anything less degrades your picture. Others claim all 720p sets require 37MHz, but most 1080i sets can get away with 22MHz.

I've been sending the 1080i output of a Dish 6000 through the JX-S111 (to an Elite 610) for about a month now, and if there is any lack of bandwidth, my eyes are not picking it up. Maybe it can handle 1080i, but not 720p sets, I'd love to hear other opinions.

My box also came from etronics, I give them & the JX-S111 a big thumbs up.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
John

Great to get the thoughts of someone running 1080i through this switcher. I know there's a lot of debate of the minimum required bandwidth for HD. Maybe some day there will be consensus. But it's good to hear that you're seeing no problems with your system, particularly given the amazing resolution of the Elite 610. As I said earlier there may be signal degradation, but I can't see it or it might not show up until you get into really large (ie. FPTV) screen sizes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks