REVIEW:Catcables Tigress Component Cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshS, Oct 20, 2001.

1. JoshS

JoshS Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,
    I recieved a set of 4m tigress component cables this week to replace my Monster components cables. Before I talk about picture quality I want to say that these cables are the best built cables I have seen. I ordered these cables with WBT 101 rcas. They cost a little extra, but IMHO they are worth it.
    Now the review:
    I do not have a hi def tv, I have a 50" tosbiba, I believe I would of seen a bigger diffence with a hi def set, but this is what I have.
    The movie I used was TPM, I don't know all the technical terms so I will use my own. The separation between colors seemed to be more apparent, with the old cables it almost looked like the colors would bleed a little. The colors are more vibrant and alive. It's hard to explain some of the diffences but to my eyes it looks like I upgraded my tv instead of cables.
    I know that cables are a highly debated topic on this forum, and maybe some companies are blowing smoke, but Catcables makes an incredible product at an affordable price. They have won my business for the rest of my home theater system.
    I recommend these cables.
    Thanks for listening.
    Josh
    Josh

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

welcome to the fan club [​IMG] New video cables are next on my cable upgrade list
    ------------------
    http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

3. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Josh, glad you like the Cat components. I've been using SilverCats almost exclusively for my stereo connection and like them a lot. Great pure silver cable for the price.
    I will be getting some top Cats including speaker cables in a couple of weeks and will let you know how they sound by then. [​IMG]
    PF

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Before any 'cable is cable' anti-cable camp response let me point them to an article by an European guy on the current (11/01) issue of Stereophile pg 59.
    PF