What's new

REVIEW: Adventures of Superman - The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

I'm guessing what happened was this: the episodes were originally listed on the cover in correct broadcast order ("Mystery in Wax" #14, "Treasure of the Incas" #15, "Double Trouble, #16) but then someone screwed up the order when mastering the disc ("Treasure..." #14, "Double..." #15 and "Mystery.." #16).

So, at the last minute, someone revised the order for the cover - but only moved the titles, not the synopses.

By the way, there's also an error on the documentary. When they're discussing the guest stars, they show part of the closing scene from "The Haunted Lighthouse" and identify the actress playing Jimmy's real Aunt Louisa as Maude Prickett. Although Prickett is credited on the closing titles, she never appeared in this episode; she only appears as Miss Taizey in "The Deserted Village." The actual, unbilled Aunt Louisa actress is Effie Laird.

Michael

I assume you're referring to Christmas, etc. I've never seen any such photo. Unlike a network series that would shoot from late summer into late winter/early spring, the "Superman" crew always finished up each season's production by the middle of autumn. It probably never occurred to anyone to prepare holiday-themed publicity photos.

Michael

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Why are the end credits to The Unknown People Part 2 hacked up? They look like they were taken from a video source. Does anyone know if the complete credits have been released on vhs or were shown on Nick at Nite?

Jason Gordon

Auditioning
Golly! I really tried to stretch viewing season 1 until January...but I've watched everything except the Mole Men movie.
This set was a lot of fun.

Jason Gordon

Auditioning
Thanks for the welcome Scott.
...and so it's probably appropriate for me to mention that I've been reading the forum pretty regularly for a good 3 maybe 4 years.
It's one of my main destinations on the internet.

Now...
As much as I'm looking foward to the AOS Season 2 release...there is a color episode that I really need to see big time.
It's the one where Superman splits himself in two,
(Not two halves. Ha! You know what I mean!) so the other can remain in a jail cell.
I have not seen that since whenever NYC last showed reruns.
Maybe the late '70's.
Can anyone tell me the name of that episode and from which season it might be from?

Jason Gordon

Auditioning
You are quite correct sir!
Using your provided title...I snooped around online and learned it's from the last season.
Urgh. I'm dyin' here.
Well I've waited this long, I can go the distance.
Much thanks for the tip.

BTW, I do mostly remember this episode, but with this show I can't recall the titles like I can with many of the original Star Trek eps.
I found a TV guide site that gives small descriptions of the episodes they have listed for AOS.
I'll use that whenever possible so as not to become a pain on here. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks