What's new

Reverse air-rage on Russian jetliner (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Boy, this is true. I flew Aeroflot back in 1993 (from Irkutsk to Khabarovsk in Siberia) and it was a unique and eye-opening experience for those of us who had only experienced Western airlines.

The crew was fine, and there were no incidents, but it seemed every Russian passenger was continually drinking & eating food they had brought on board (very pungent food at that). I remember two gentlemen in the row in front of us, who were well into a bottle of vodka before we even took off. At the point the plane started its takeoff run, there was an announcement and these two leisurely put their bottle up, put up their trays, and brought their seat backs up. Literally seconds after they had completed all of this, the plane lifted off - at which point IMMEDIATELY the seats went back, the trays came down, and the vodka came back out.

Party!! :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
aeroflot has the orst safety record of ANYONE. In fact, I think I could kill fewer people while operating an airline consisting of rollerskates with wings and rocketpacks on them.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

You won't find that on US airlines... whoops, wasn't it SouthWest that had 2 inebriated pilots recently ?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Not southwest. American. And before that, a Northwest pilot got plowed.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Wait a minute, my wife works for American ! Maybe that's why they call it "AA" (that was bad....)

Show me a Russian that isn't intoxicated.... ;)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have a friend who was working with the Russians on their joint venture with Lockheed.
He had the best horror stories, even if he made up half the stuff up.
The flights smelled of vomit; when he got to the launch site they needed half tracks to get there through the mud. Armed guards if he ever left....fun place!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks