What's new

Revenge of the Sith DVD release date? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks Nelson & Greg, the issue is some what clearified for me now and it isn't too bad I suppose.

I just don't want to lose options, that's what concerns me, I want any number of ways to achieve something, not just pidgeonhole everything into one delivery system like a computer.

Your so right, Greg, about the ability to go to a store and buy media, it's fun, I love browsing a store and picking up a dvd to read the back, plus it get's me out of the house. That's one of the reason's I really am not into computer's, it's my opinion that computer's are making people just plain lazy. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

No way:)

I think by the time you HAVE to get movies, TV, whatever via computer, it will be the equivalent of today's cable TV. I'm not a huge computer guy myself but I'm sure getting video and audio online will only become easier and easier so I have no big worries.

Wasn't this thread about Star Wars? :)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma

HAHAHAHAHA :D I don't think the entertainment industry would ever go that way mainly out of there paranoia of piracy.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp

So just like quality plummeted with iTunes, it will plummet with movies. 2GB for an HD movie? I guess they assume people will be watching it on a small screen and won't notice the resulting compression artifacts, just like Apple assumes everyone listens to their iTunes purchases on the headphones that came with their iPod and doesn't notice the quality loss from over compression of music.

Okay, now we can get back on topic. :D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
A buddy of mine asked me yesterday if the "rumored" box set in 2007 will have 12 discs(2 for each film) and I told him probably not. I think Lucas said something at C3 about a disc for each film and then a 7th disc with a bunch of deleted scenes, but then again I'm sure that could easily change. Hell, if they can do a 10 disc set for the Matrix trilogy, I think Star Wars deserves at least a 12 disc set. ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but with iTunes people mainly use it to either burn it to disc or transfer to their iPod. That's just a source. People will still want to watch on their big TVs.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As far as the "online" comment, isn't that more in line with the internet and TV merging into a sort of "internet/Pay per View" TV thingy?

I can imagine an internet service where you purchase a license to view a movie and then you have access to that movie (online) so you can watch it on your tv whenever you want, without needing to pop in a DVD.

If done properly, and if the resolution doesn't suffer, how cool would it be to not have to store hundreds and thousands of DVD's in your living room? You could just access your 'library' through your tv. You won't ever have to worry about scratched or rotting discs...you won't ever have to worry about getting off the couch to watch another movie...

The downside would be if you connection fails or if you want to watch the movie at someone elses house.

I would hope they set it up like those free email services (like Yahoo) where you can access your account from another tv...just go to your parents house, log in to your account, and watch whatever movie you want without having to bring the discs over.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That is far from a good thing IMO, Mark. As I said earlier, too much conveniance is making people lazy, again, just my opinion.

What do you guy's think about the EP III dvd, November sometime as speculated?

Tim Mauldin

Stunt Coordinator
I think if I were unable to walk into a store and buy a DVD that it would take alot of the fun out this hobby.

Hopefully DVD will be here for a long time.

SteveJKo

Second Unit

Twice I saw ROTS in "state of the art" theaters, and both times I could barely tell the film was stereo.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I saw the film 4 times, all in good theaters and the sound was aweful. Did anyone bother calling the number at the end of the credits? You know, the THX number for quality control?

Take comfort that whatever problem the sound mix had in the theater will probably be fixed for the dvd.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Actually, the 1-800-Phone-THX number is not listed at the end of the movie. I'm only guessing but they've probably stopped putting it at the end of movies all together since either no one called or because it was the same people that always called about the same theatres and those theatres never bothered to correct any of the problems. :)

I've seen the movie multiple times and depending on the theatre, it has sounded (to me) great and at other theatres it sounded lousy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh. :b I actually didn't stick around for the very end of the credits on this one, so I assumed it was there because both EP I & II featured the number. I actually called the number the next day after seeing EP II because the sound was bad.

I had to speak into a machine and say what was wrong so that my voice was recorded, man I felt like an idiot. ;)

The number was probably just a ploy for Skywalker Sound to gather samples of peoples voices to use in future films. So, if you ever hear someone in a film say "No separation in the rears and the low end was non-exsistant." it's quite possibly me. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
While that is true, I was thinking more along the lines of convienence. Like, not having to get up halfway through Lord of the Rings, to swap out discs. IMO, it tends to be a distraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks