What's new

Revenge of the Sith DVD release date? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
After having seen Revenge of the Sith and enjoying it very much, the rich detail and tying together of the character story arcs, I was curious about when the DVD would be released. So this is what I found:

And then I was wondering about the eventual box sets. When this movie is out, would they decide to sell it only in a box with the first 2, I doubt it. But eventually, they will with the OT. By that time too, HD DVD could be closer to reality. If they do standard def DVD's of ROTS, I'd opt to wait for any box sets if they might be HD DVD. Oh well, can't wait to get this DVD. Good movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From that, it doesn't sound like those scenes will actually be reinserted into the movie but will instead be in a deleted scenes section. I'd like to see the Kashyyk battle extended to at least the length of the Battle of Geonosis. We saw too little of it for my tastes.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the movie is going to kick ass on dvd.. that is for sure.. in whatever form its in.. I guess the real question will it be the digital or the film version?
both episode 1 and 2 were extended editions for the dvd release.. however episode 3 worked better as is.. unlike the others.

JACOB

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Maybe George Lucas is announcing this so soon because of a news story I read on msn.com of pirates openly selling DVDs of the movie for $5 on the street. And not some crappy "camcorder in the movie theater" version, but apparently, a stolen studio print.

Pure speculation here, he might be trying to beat the pirates, that fans will really be missing something if they buy a bootleg instead of waiting for the official release.

Any input from those in the know about this?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I was under the impression there were no difference between the standard and digital prints this time around? Can anyone who's seen both confirm this?

Thanks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, there was a Burger King internal marketing document that was leaked that confirmed the November date, I believe. They were discussing watches they are going to have to coincide with the DVD release. I don't think piracy figures in.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
the attack of the clones dvd was the digital version, with the added close up of anakin's hand at the end and the sparks on jango fett's jet pack, no? so i would imagine the dvd for revenge of the sith would have the scene of yoda landing in dagobah
--which i still want to see! stupid downtown disney theater...:angry:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
There was no scene of yoda landing in dagobah
in the digital version. I have seen it twice both times in a digital projection and that scene is not there.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
The DLP version I saw at Loewes Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL did NOT include the Yoda landing on Dagobah scene

I still have to see the film version, but I think the DLP and the film versions might be the same.

Edit: Chris beat me to it.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I have to get this on DVD soon so I can sample the sound it meant to be heard.The theatrical presentation lacked bass and dynamics to a new level I've ever experienced.Since I'm not a "stoneslacker" I won't go see this 10 times in different theaters.:)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
There have been minor expansions of scenes and special effects tweaks in the DVD versions (in ep 1 and 2) that were not in the theatrical screenings. This goes for both the 35mm and Digital presentations of Ep 2 as well.

The 35mm prints are have an earlier production delivery date than the digital versions. The extra time allows them to polish effects and make last minute changes if need be. I've read some interview with Rick McCallum where he mentioned that the 35mm version of SITH is slightly shorter. Not by minutes, just seconds here and there.

I hope the deleted scenes section on the dvd is extensive. There are some fascinating, and terrific sounding scenes there.

Since there are two precedents, the dvd cut of SITH will probably be slightly different. I just hope they don't soften it one iota.

greg_t

Screenwriter

It wasn't your theater, it's the mix. I had the same experience at my theater and it is a state of the art theater with great sound. It was a terribly dull and lifeless mix. Just horrible.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If it exists, it was cut before the movie was released. You won't find it in any theaters, be they digital or film.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The first two prequels not only contained a deleted scenes section on the 2nd disc, they both also were unofficial "Special Editions", with material added and tweaked from the theatrical editions. I think the odds of these missing scenes being completely left off of the "Sith" DVD are very, very low. We'll see them somehow.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I would like the scene with Padme, Mon Mothma, and the rest of the "seeds of the rebellion" gang put back in the film. It is more important to me to see that than the building of the Death Star.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lynda-Marie

The story your referring to is that they found loads of bootlegs in Glasgow a few hours after ROTS was screened

go figure

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

Episode 1 had an extended battle between Qui Gon and Maul on the ramp to the Queen's starship as well as a scene with Bail Organa. Episode 2 had a scene of Christopher Lee fighting Anakin with two sabers but none of these scene's made it to dvd. I'm sure they'll be on the next edition of the films but I wouldn't expect ROTS to have all of the interesting deleted scenes when it first comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks