1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Revenge of the Nerds: Special Edition + 4-Pack Gift Set

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John*P, Dec 23, 2006.

1. John-M

John-M Stunt Coordinator

Haha, thanks, at least I attatched the link

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I normally hate the stupid titles they give these special editions but the "We've Got Bush" edition made me chuckle. lol The art for the box set is something to be desired, but hey, I'm interested in what's IN the box.

I hope Fox eventually does right by the "Porky's" franchise by releasing all 3 films. After hearing about the atrocity that Maple here in Canada released, those movies are screaming for a proper release.

3. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Has anyone found a review for this yet? It's coming out pretty soon.

4. R-T-C Tim

R-T-C Tim Stunt Coordinator

Tim Young

Just tell them it refers to the President...

5. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    It's about time! I'll get the full set. Yeah, Porky's would be great as well. I don't know exactly why, but I'd buy that full set as well. I suspect the reason for this has something to do with the current president of the United States.

6. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Scott
    FYI: the title of the original movie's SE has been changed. It is now the Panty Raid Edition.

[​IMG]

7. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Changed it! Oh, those pansies! Of course, we wouldn't want to upset the lovely first lady. Now there's one nice bush for you! [​IMG]

8. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I was a bit disappointed when I saw the name change too. Like I said above, the "We've Got Bush" edition made me laugh. Can't say I'm surprised they changed it though.

9. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

I didn't see the boxset today at Best Buy just the SE of the original. Did the boxset get pulled?

10. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Since this is out, maybe a review will let us know if the cut phone number is back.

Edit: I saw a post at DVD Talk (my first time there since 2002, according to my login!), and the scene is still cut. He says the transfer of the first one looks a little cleaned up, but the second one is the exact same as the version included on the double feature. Since I don't need 3 and 4, and the original release looks fine to me, I'm staying away.

11. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I bought the set yesterday, as a birthday gift for myself today.

I can't wait!!!

"Everybody, clap your hands!"

ry

12. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

I was wondering the same thing. The box set was nowhere to be found at my BB, but they had plenty of copies of the "panty raid" edition.

13. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

Eric Peterson

I went to two Best Buys and neither had the 4-pack, but dozens of copies of the 1st SE. I almost broke down, since the other 3 are mediocre at best, but I can't turn down 3 additional movies for $5. I went across the street to target, and they had plenty of the boxsets for $19.99.

14. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

They were the only store I believe that did not have it. I purchased mine from Target ($21.39) with a $3.00 off coupon ($18.01) from Coupons.com if anyone is interested along with a Borat and Office Space $3.00 off coupons as well on this site.

http://print.coupons.com/gmsa/offers...ID=ad89&NID=10

15. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Is there a review for this up anywhere? I'm thinking about picking up the boxset, but I haven't decided if it's worth replacing the double feature disc that I already have. The extras for the first movie sound like they'd be worth it though.

16. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I think I'm going to call that phone number and harass whoever's responsible for getting it cut out of the movie [​IMG]

17. MTRodaba2468

MTRodaba2468 Agent

Matt Rodabaugh

It wasn't pulled. We got some of them at the FYE I work at to put out yesterday. We didn't get any copies of the first movie by itself, though.

18. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

Picked up the single movie at Wal-Mart (they had some box sets, too). A classic. What I find amazing is that this was a movie that none of them wanted to be in, but as it got under way, they realized they had something, and now are all proud of the film. Too bad the PC Police changed the edition subtitle. Never saw any of the later films, because they would just diminish the returns on the original...

"That's my Pi!"

The TV pilot is really bad...

19. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

Keith - since I can't seem to find a review for this disc, can you comment on the extras? How is the commentary?

20. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

Patrick, the commentary with director Jeff Kanew and actors Robert Caradine (louis), Timothy Busfield (Poindexter) & Curtis Armstrong ("Booger") is very entertaining, and the retrospective documentary also includes interviews with Julie Montgomery (Betty Childs, who has a lobster tan from the neck down in her interviews), Ted McGinley (Stan Gable), and Larry B. Scott (Lamar Latrell). In the commentary, the guys felt bad for Scott, who played gay for the film, but was straight, and now spends the rest of his life trying to overcompensate for his performance (and had a hard time scoring girls on the campus after playing his part all day!)

Lots of campus extras went to dailies, and the cast and crew turned their low-grade hotel lodgings into their own frat house during the shoot. From the first day's shooting (with Edwards, Carradine and "Jamie" Cromwell crammed in the front seat of the station wagon) there was a sense that this was going to be a good film. The ending night scenes were the worst, though - shot at night in February, and it was freezing cold.

For me, James Cromwell will always be "Stretch" Cunningham!