What's new

Revel M20 (1 Viewer)

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Craig, thanks for the reply. It seems kind of strange that the F50 should be so close in price to what the Revel Studios can be had for. I've never heard the Studios before but I have heard it's big brother the Salons. The Salons are THE best speaker I've ever heard and the most expensive.

So I'd set my sights more on the Studios and now the F50's. Have you ever compared the Salons/Studios to the F50's?

geo

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't audition the F50's. Nor have I auditioned the higher-end of Revel. No sense torturing myself with godliness that I can't afford. :)

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd give the latest update.

I auditioned both the Energy Veritas 2.2 and the Totem Model One Signature. This was at a different dealer, so I was unable to directly compare the M20's.

Between the Energy and the Totem, I preferred the Totems. Overall I was surprised at how similar the speakers sounded, they are both very good. But voices sounded more natural on the Totems.

Comparing the M20's to the Totems is difficult since I have to rely on my poor acoustic memory.

My subjective impression is that the M20's are cleaner and more analytical, but the Totems were musical and seductive while still having lots of detail.

Not sure which I prefer. Totems are more affordable, but I can get a better % discount on Revel due to my buying history at that dealer. I'll let you know what I decide.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have first-hand experience with these?
Oh yes. A friend of mine had enough money to waste on these speakers. Everything was smooth, transparent and it was hard to find any faults with the Revel M20. He uses top of the line Siltech cables on them. Expensive, but they prevent any coloring or distortion of the speaker.These Speakers are absolutely worth the money
Beware though. The Ultima series sound sub-standard when the same cables are used(local dealer lives for Revel speakers). One time, for fun we tried Monster Cable, I cannot begin to describe the horrible sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks