Reveiver with On Screen Display?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jesse_Ranly, May 20, 2004.

1. Jesse_Ranly

Jesse_Ranly Auditioning

Hello all,
    Looking to install a new theater system in my new house, and I would like to place all components in a closet so they are hidden. This brings the delima of not being able to see certain things like receiver colume, channel volumes, source, etc. Could anyone recommend a decent 5.1 or 7.1 receiver that has On Screen Display features and is below $400? I currectly have the Onkyo TX-SR500 which I love. I plan on using all in-wall speakers for my set-up, probably the Dream Series by CSI Speco. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jesse

2. Tod Golden

Tod Golden Stunt Coordinator

Not sure in that price range, but I would look at the Denon line. I know some of their higher end models have it.

Tod

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

If you're not in a hurry (or you can get your hands on one), Crutchfield's free catalog normally has a breakdown of all the recievers, with checkmarks on whichever ones have whichever features. Onscreen display is one of the features. It makes it easy to scan down them and find one. It might not include the recently out of production receivers, though.

I can tell you that the Onkyo TX-SR500, 501, 600, 601, and higher have it.

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The Denon AVR-1804 has it. Also, the Yamaha HTR-5760 does, too. Both of these receivers are priced on the "street" at below $400.00

5. kevin tate

kevin tate Stunt Coordinator

Jesse, you got PM.

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

My bad, it's just the Onkyo 600 line (not the 500/501) that has onscreen.