What's new

Reunion - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
RAF:

Your thoughts on the killer mirror mine exactly! The victim was one I suspected would be killed off early in the series, but the twist with the video knocked me for a loop!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Those evil sons o'bitches, the show was getting good, too. :frowning:

And let me guess, they'll release the series on dvd containing the eps that we won't get to see, right?

Screw that. :thumbsdown:

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Argh, and it's on a cliffhanger!!!!! I hate Fox. They did this with many good shows and left them hanging with no resolution....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That's just it, Patrick, i'm not going to allow FOX to play those types of mind games on me, why should I spend 45+ bucks on this series when they should have just held their water and aired the eps?

I see a marketing ploy here, they knew that by cancelling the show now while everyone is wanting to know what led up to the murder and who did it, that they could get people to go out and buy the dvd's to find out.

It's not going to work, not on me at least, i'll read about who and how online somewhere eventually.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
So, does this mean that the ep scheduled for this Thursday will not air? THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This assumes, of course, that production will continue past the 2-3 eps that are probably currently in the can.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
the DVD release is not certain .. the show used a lot of old music by "big name artists" so they could just say "F it, it's not worth paying all those licensing fees to put a canceled show on DVD"

I don't see Prison Break lasting too long, now that they have to stretch things out. I'm done with Fox for good, once Prison Break, in all likelihood, isn't picked up after its May run.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
One good thing about this, this officially concludes my relationship with FOX, after abandoning the morally bankrupt Prison Break a few weeks back, Reunion was the only show left on that network for me.

As I said to Wendy L. in an email, it's getting to the point now where it doesn't pay to become invested in any show FOX produces, they will prove to be either too violent (at least for me, that's why I bailed on 'PB') and if they aren't, they'll be cancelled. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: Doah!! I forgot about Family Guy and American Dad, those are the only two left, though.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
they are gonna squeeze in 2 years per episode, since we just finished ep 6, so that will give us 14 years in 7 episodes for a total of 13 eps.

I do hate FOX though. They really should stop listening to Nielsen Ratings which aren't reflective of real life TV viewers.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If that's the case, I have to say don't do me any favors, FOX.

If this is the route they're going with, throwing us a bunch of rushed eps just to give us some hurried resolution to everything because they couldn't keep their finger off that cancel button they seem to love so much, don't bother. :thumbsdown:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Perhaps not, but they are the numbers upon which advertising rates are based. If the numbers are so low that you're not making enough in advertising revenue to cover your costs (plus a bit of profit), then what's the incentive?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The system sucks and needs to be rethought somehow...SOMEWAY. There must be a better way than this Nielsen bullshit, someone just needs to come up with it.

Until such time, i'm content with the knowledge that the majority of my favorite shows aren't on FOX.

Cancel happy bastards.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So stupid question, but I missed last thursday's episode (if they showed a new episode on thanksgiving even.) Can someone tell me what the big cliffhanger was anyway?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

That won't work since they already have finished filming a few more episodes out before this announcement came. There's no way they could have made the next few episodes 2years per ep. before they knew they were getting cancelled.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My guess, and that's all it is, is that they'll edit together these last eps, which is why I said not to bother as that's going to suck major ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks