What's new

ReTV - Columbia House DVD Club (1 Viewer)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
For months now 'Columbia House' has listed "Airwolf" and "Night Gallery" as one of the 'ReTV' line of DVD's.

Has anybody received a preview copies of the DVD's yet?

I signed up the first time I got the flyer.. but thought that maybe my request had gotten lost in the mail.

--David

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I know some others who signed up and they haven't seen a thing yet.
Rather than spending $400.00 on the fifteen DVDs/VHS (which isn't even the complete series) I opted to just record them off Encore Mystery. They air the restored uncut versions and run all shows.
I did it with a DVD recorder for the record.:emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i signed up for the Night Gallery series, but recieved a letter in early Aug that said they wouldn't be able to fulfill my order because they couldn't get it from their supplier(?).
i had thought they were soliciting for it to get an idea of how much interest was there.
i never believed they ever had the disc manufactured.
just got a mailing from them a few days ago, and they are still soliciting for it, so i will still sign up and hopefully enogh others will too to convince them to go ahead and press them.

of course there is always the other possibility that Universal is getting serious about their TV product and won't give CH the go-ahead because they want to put out a universal branded edition.

who knows.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Columbia House has got to get with the times. The days of 2 episode dvd's for $30 is over. For example you can pay $30 for the first 4 episodes of "All in the Family" from them or get the entire first season for around the same price.

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Just a note: Columbia House is now shipping 'Airwolf' DVD as I received the two hour series opener this week in the mail.

Also in the newest flyer thay are offering "Alien Nation" & "Land Of Th Giants" on ReTV DVD's

--David

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Land of the Giants is supposedly coming next year in season sets from Rhino. That's not officially announced, but it's not really a secret, either. But still, anything can happen to prevent that schedule from occurring. However, I'd rather wait for season sets that do it CH's way.

Just a heads up.

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
Columbia House has got to get with the times. The days of 2 episode dvd's for $30 is over.
Ahem. No one in their right mind buys anything beyond enrollment/fulfillment titles from Columbia House. :) Everything else is over-priced to average out their costs...
Dan

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
I never said that the pricing was fair! But for $4.99 for the first DVD...

I order alot of the first releases and so far have only thought that the "A-Team" [have not watched 'Airwolf' yet!] was worth paying the extra amount for.

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Just a note:

I just found out that Columbia House is only going to release a total of 5 DVD's of the 'A-Team' TV show for a total of 9 shows (1 two hour and 8 one hour)

--David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks