What's new

Returning Member. Been a long time. (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Used to be a regular here, especially in the TV shows and movies boards chatting about "Angel" and "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" aspect ratio madness, endless revisions to "Star Wars" and of course, probably the most often-discussed topic I participated in: "Titanic" with TravisR, Tino, Chuck Mayer and John Williamson.

Life got in the way on more than one occasion. Still does, still sucks, but I've been enjoying revisiting the whole online communication stuff.

And yes, I'm still the biggest James Horner fan I was way back when. Still grateful to La-La Land Records for releasing the expanded Titanic score.

True story: I was invited by his family to tour his studio last weekend....but I couldn't go. Story of my life. Always missing out on great opportunities.

P.S. I really hate that I can't change my name to Nick instead of Nicholas. I don't know what I was thinking when I chose that in 200...whenever the hell that was. Oh yeah it says it on the left.

Hey, March 18 2003...I was married March 18, but that was almost two years ago not 2003. Weird.

Real Name
Todd Brown
I am also a returning member, I was very active back in the mid-2000's but faded away from the hobby. As I write this, my new theater system is being installed and I look forward to getting more active.

P.S. I had to get a new account, because I couldn't remember my old one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Todd! Welcome back!

:welcome:

If you know what e-mail (or UserID) you used when you originally signed up, I might be able to find the old account. If so, PM me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Welcome back Nick and Todd!

I love Horner’s Star Trek scores! I’m also a fan of Apollo 13!

Reactions: PMF

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Welcome back Nick and Todd!

I love Horner’s Star Trek scores! I’m also a fan of Apollo 13!

Both of his Trek scores are my favorites. As is Apollo 13, Clear and Present Danger, Krull, The Rocketeer, Aliens, Brainstorm, Gorky Park all the way to Living in the Age Of Airplanes. His tragic death hit me harder than any other show biz death. He made me a film score fan.

I’ve been away for a little while, too. Facebook actually took up too much of my life and pulled me away from more fun forums like this. I decided to ditch Facebook for a while and realized that these places are still a lot more fun.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I decided to ditch Facebook for a while and realized that these places are still a lot more fun.

tenor.gif

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
For me it was a couple of things:

One, life just sort of got in the way, and the other being I had sort of burned out on discussion online. I was tired of debates and having to be defensive and just needed to step back from that.

I hope the lot of you picked up the stellar TITANIC 20th Anniversary release. I actually had the pleasure of writing a track-by-track breakdown for a site (James Horner Film Music) and I've just gotten word that I might have a second chance to see the man's studio.

I have not dived into UHD, entirely because of cost. I'd love to. Finances would not. Had my own projector / theater room for a bit when I was living out west but relocating east meant leaving that behind...and I'm moving back out west once more (permanently) though that won't be something I can do again.

What else....

I'm not really a television watcher anymore, so I can't go and comment on the variety of shows like I used to back in my older HTF days, I enjoyed the ultimate edition of Batman v Superman, I'm not big on the MCU (one and done for each pretty much) and finding whatever obscure movie I can seems to be fun (Suck it Up, Walking Out, among other things) and I'm still a sucker for a good surround sound demo. I don't really get Atmos for a home setting. I think it belongs in a big theater exclusively, but that's one small opinion. Used to work in one, though that fell apart for reasons I...can't get into now.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hi Nick!!! Welcome back. I still have those extended Titanic DVDs you sent me years ago. Hope you’re well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks