Returning a DVD with a Bad Snapper Case - Going too Far?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by WillG, Aug 24, 2003.

1. WillG

WillG Producer

I just bought the new "Vacation" DVD and after I opened it, I could not get the snapper case to snap shut again no matter what I did. It kind of pissed me off so I was thinking of returning it. I'm wondering if it is worth the trouble going back to C.C. and demanding an exchange over a somewhat trivial thing. Also I know that the design of the thing isn't C.C.s doing. But I figure the more stores see of this kind of thing, the more likely Warner will see complaints from retail stores to stop using snappers. Any thoughts?

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Just take it with you next time you go in (as long as it's within 30 days) and exchange it then. I've done it with bad cases before.

3. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    go for it man

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I exchanged one the other day at Wal-Mart for similar reasons (What A Girl Wants).

5. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Totally not taking it too far. Bad dvd cases drive me nuts! If I can't close it properly, it goes right back to the store. C.C. is way cool about returning items and that is why I don't buy from any place else. Heck they even let me trade my cardboard snapper case Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me dvd for the better plastic case.

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i've returned a dvd because the insert was slightly bent.

i also once tried to return a dvd because the sleeve was slightly creased along the bottom-edge. the best buy manager looked at me like i was a geek, then offered to take 5 dollars off if i would keep it. i ended up keeping it... [​IMG]

7. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Hey, it's part of the product that you bought, so I say by all means take it back. However, I'm not sure if I'd make a special trip just to do so.