1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Return to Oz - 2/3/04...New Special Edition?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Skoobooz, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Skoobooz

Skoobooz Stunt Coordinator

Jay
    DVDEmpire is listing Return to Oz as a new listing, with a release date of February 3, 2004. There are no details yet. I would just chalk this up to a repromotion of the current version from Anchor Bay, but the one detail that DVDEmpire does have is that it's from Disney/Buena Vista. And it looks as though the retail price is around $19.99. Does anyone know if this is a new special edition of the movie? Or if Disney is just releasing it barebones?

2. Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr Second Unit

I would double-dip on this title as long as we get a better transfer in anamorphic video.

3. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I would love to have a SE of this, but an anamorphic transfer and a trailer would be nice. An SE would rock, though.

4. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

I'm one of the biggest Oz fans you guys will ever meet.

I hope this will be a kickass SE.

5. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Hopefully, the introduction and retrospective interview with Fairuza Balk will still be on the re-release.

6. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

I hope you're joking about the introduction. The interview is all fine and dandy, but I don't want to see that dumb intro every time I start the movie.

7. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

The intro always annoys me a bit. The segment afterwards isn't bad. Of course it always makes me wish for more behind the scenes stuff.

8. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

I would honestly rebuy it even if the only changes were the deletion of the Balk intro and the inclusion of a Walter Murch commentary.

Even a Walter Murch / Fairuza Balk commentary would be awesome.

9. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

There were a number of behind-the-scenes features shown here in the UK when it was in cinemas here (the performer who played Tik-Tok was a presenter on the long-running BBC kid's magazine show Blue Peter, and they featured the film, IIRC).

I'd buy an anamorphic re-issue in a heartbeat, especially if it featured a commentary track or other bonus materials.