Return to Castle Wolfenstein questions..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hi, just having played the first couple missions in RtCW, have some qs, the submachine gun that you get early on (the MP40?, the Thompson, and the one with the silencer(I think it's the sten? It's the one that overheats rapidly), do they have different damage values? I know the MP40 and the Sten use the same 9mm ammo, but does the Sten inflict more damage than the bullit-happy MP40?

I have another question, it's more of a mission question. After I think the 4th or so mission, the one after you supposedly kill Helga and you meet your first Boss creature. The next mission is a stealth mission where you have to infiltrate some village through a truck, what is the mission, I am confused as what I'm supposed to be doing, somehow you're supposed to get in the truck to sneak into the village but you're not supposed to kill the last guard.. Is the game going to tell me who this guard is?? I have snuck up all the way to the tunnel where the truck is, then the truck drives off. Then I can make my way up and over that tunnel and get to another small outpost with a bunker and a machine gun embankment but I'm unsure of my objective. The notebook shows a path but it seems to end at the tunnel... Confused and the mission instruction is not clear to me!

Jay

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

Once you clear the mission objectives, jump in the back of the truck. It will drive off and the last guard will let you in the tunnel. I had trouble with that mission too since I forgot to pick up the "weapon" you are told about in the mission briefing. I think it’s a sniper rifle.

3. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

The last guard is pretty removed from the rest of the level, hes the one guarding the last tunnel once the truck stops abd opens its trunk at a loading station. If you kill you will automatically fail the mission right away.

JQ

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks, I figured it out, I thought you had to get in the truck inside the first tunnel you get too. Every time I got in, it would drive away.. And killing both the guards there without the other knowing is nigh impossible! I noticed that there is a B&W picture of the objective in the mission briefing for each mission which helped immensely, I was under the impression that you had to get in the truck which will go into the fenced bunker (w/ the water tower), not that you had to get inside the fenced bunker THEN get into the truck that's inside. As far as the last guard, I did kill the guard that's kind of inside the truck. Even then, I think if you get detected, once you get inside the truck, the mission is a success as it ends right there are you go to a cut-scene.
    I have another question, can you remove the scope from the rifle??? Alot of times it's easier to just use the crosshairs when picking people off long range. Cause you can't really sniper like in Metal Gear Solid, sometimes the lack of vision is a big damper when using the scope.. I wish you could poke your head above items and use the scope but you can't seem to do it and moving and scoping around is very awkward. Seems like the rifle with scope you get later on, you can use the rifle either way, but with the Mauser $ scope, I don't get the crosshairs. I just finished the mission where you have to capture that Kraft plane thing and the paratroopers, the beginning of that is real fun when you're sitting there picking off the little ant nazis with your rifle. Another odd thing is that shooting a nazi in the foot when he's behind a car and killing him is odd! Boy, those nazis do die easily.. [​IMG]
    I just finished the mission where you destroy the V2 rocket (Who on earth designs a rocket that explodes if deactivated? And doesn't that rocket contain chemical and biological weapons, wouldn't B.J. get hosed from all those nasties flying around? [​IMG]
    Jay