Return to Castle Wolfenstein question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Just continuing on my RtCW playing after being interrupted by Halo and Silent Hill 2, is there some kind of "Super Jump" key???? For somereason I can't make jumps that it looks like you should be able to do.. i.e. Mission 5, the first part where you have to find the entrence to the SWF and there's a train there where a bunch of nazis come out of. A few train cars down there is 2 gold treasure bars that you can see in an opened rail car. It seems that you should be able to jump in the rail car by running and jumping on top of the two blocks that are there, but I can't do it. I spent a good 10 minutes just trying to jump in but no dice. I tried grenading the boxes and RPG'ing the boxes, not working!! I've tried holding the Shift-key (sprint) and running and jumping... nada... I know a previous mission too involved having to jump up on boxes to return to the floor which blows out when you approach it... I couldn't do it, I just reloaded from my previous save point... is there a "super" jump key????

Also, is there a way to remove the scope on the sniper rifle? When I have the scope on, the crosshairs disappear and I HAVE to use the scope to get the crosshairs, whereas before when I didn't have the scope, the crosshairs would appear... Sometimes the rifle is a great thing to use for short range cause one/two bullits is one kill and the rifle bullits are pretty plentiful...

Jay

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

There isn't a super jump key. The closest is a sprinting jump. However, that isn't needed to get to places like the train car with gold in it. It requires you to find the correct path. I know it took me a while to find out how to get in (and I can't think of it right now), but there is a roundabout way to get in. I see to remember dropping down on the train to get it.
    If not, try going somewhere like PlanetWolfenstein for secrets help.

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Whoops, the reason for the lack of crosshairs is to avoid letting it be a super weapon when you have the scope on it. I think you have to accept it. There may be a way to cheat and have it return, but I don't know what it is.

BTW, the MP game also removes the crosshair when not aiming it.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks, at least I know it's not a problem with the software...

I just finished Mission 5 and into part 2 of Mission 6. Damm that "Uber Soldat" is tough, until you can get him to walk into some Dynamite.. Bwahahahahahaha, I was out of RPGs and done with all my grenades and then I tried the Dynamite which worked great!!

Jay