What's new

"Return of the Living Dead" parts 4 & 5, official web site up, promo trailer, etc (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they didn't even see the Return of the Living Dead movies...

These look like cheap Night of the Living Dead clones...

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
What is with the "Hypno-Toad" sound effect at the beginning of the trailer?? I like how they keep talking about then as theatrical releases too.

--Ian

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was fully expecting this level of suckitude.

Anyone notice how the "survivors" of part 4 seemingly have memory loss in part 5? Hmm, those kids are zombies...."they should be taken to the hospital." WTF? Tarman zomvie hitchhikes holding a sign that says "rave or bust"? Were these films set in America (not where were they filmed but where the story itself is supposed to take place)? If it's America then what the HELL is up with all the foreign accents? The films also don't seem too sure on how to kill the zombies either. Part 4 they make it clear to shoot them in the head then eventually you can shoot 'em anywhere and put a stop to them. Part 5 is the same way except you can shove drumsticks in their ears and that's good enough too. So much for following the rules of the first film right? Oh yeah, the zombies don't run again.

245 Trioxin is just Trioxin 5 now. What the HELL was up with Peter Coyote's facial expression? Yeah, expression, he had ONE look on his face throughout the films. Watch for yourself.

The acting is about as bad as you can imagine, editing is sloppy, the films have that blurry DV-quality look, direction is strictly amateurish, dear god I could go on in more detail but it'd be a waste of time.

Folks, ROTLD part 2 looks like a friggin masterpiece compared to 4 & 5. They're THAT bad.

They have completely spat upon Dan O'Bannon's work. They gave two nods to the original, "send more security guards" was the line this time around and of course a cheap imitation of Tarman.

These flicks were worse than I thought they'd be. Do yourself a favor, skip them completely.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"What the hell is wrong with these people!?"

That's the question that kept popping up again and again during these two truly moronic films...

What is wrong with Peter Coyote and why is he doing a Humphrey Bogart impression with his face?

What is wrong with the two surviving kids from part 4 and why don't they remember the events of that film?

What is wrong with that one kid in the lab in part 5 who just started pushing buttons on the canister for no good reason?

What is wrong with those two bumbling Italian hit men, or whatever they were?

What is wrong with the filmmakers and why are they confusing this franchise with Romero's!? I wanted to yell at the screen "Hey, assholes, this is RETURN of the Living Dead, the zombies can't be stopped by shots to the head let alone the chest, and also, why are they moving so slow!?"

And finally, what is wrong with the state of this franchise when we have a zombie holding up a sign that says 'Rave or bust' and trying to hitch a ride!? :confused:

These two movies were utterly abysmal, and almost insulting to the original and even part 2!

:rolleyes

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Watched the first half hour of part 4, and was bored stiff. Didn't bother with the rest of the junk.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The more I reflect on these two movies, the angrier I get.

It's a prime example of filmmakers taking what they think we all love about the first and amping it up to absurd levels, in this case the humour. Just because the first and second one had some humour in them, doesn't give them license to go as crazy as they want.

Also, I hate the fact that they changed the rules for the zombies just to suit the extent of the situation. Let me exlain what I mean by that, in the original, they had no choice but to nuke the area because the zombies were just that hard to kill, in these two new movies, though, they didn't want to do that so that they could have the two characters back and also so that they could film in the same area for both movies, and so they allowed the zombies to be taken out by bullets.

Did the filmmakers actually think that we rabid 'Return' fans wouldn't notice or care about that? The zombies sucked, the acting sucked, the music sucked...everything sucked!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Anyone else getting a bit sick of these "made on the cheap in northern Europe" Sci-Fi channel flicks? If I have to see one more obviously dubbed Russian (or whatever) actor I am going to scream.....and that won't take long I suspect.

Is it totally impossible to make low budget films in America anymore?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Damn! I'm sorry yet glad I missed these! This series got god awful with Part 3, so I'm not really surprised that these sucked as bad as they did, although that blond appeared to make a pretty sexy zombie in the stills.

I really have to pick up that "Return Of the Living Dead" DVD, it's only like $10.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I watcherd them just to up my numbers in the scary movie challenge. Seriously, "anything with zombies in it must be like Resident Evil" is the only thought that must go through studio heads.

Whats even worse is that these aren't even in the bottom 10 of bad movies released this decade!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

I disagree. I think the series went south with Part 2, which I firmly consider one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Part 3, on the other hand, was a return to form IMO. While not as great as the classic original, I thought it was a very effective and involving film with some great zombies.

I missed these two new films by the way, and I doubt I'll seek them out whenever they hit DVD.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Um, return to what form exactly? It had about as much to do with the original as these insipid sequels did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks