Return of The Living Dead $2.99

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TomJD, Oct 3, 2002.

1. TomJD

TomJD Agent

Yes you've read right.I just happened to find this last night at www.dvd.com Return of The Lving Dead is only $2.99 (80% off list price) and shipping is $1.49.Yes,shipped to your house for only $4.48.I highly reccommend taking advantage of this deal.I have the DVD and it is an excellent disc all around.Go to main page,click on horror and title will appear.

2. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

Thanks, I went for it.
    I have not used this vendor before, but for that price it is worth a shot.

Todd

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Todd, not a good move. DVD.com was formerly DVDExpress.com, then Express.com, then DVDExpress.com again, and now DVD.com. All those name changes should be an indication that this is NOT a good e-tailer. The owner of DVDTalk even posted a thread there a couple months back warning people about their shoddy service (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=dvd.com). Considering this is almost definitely a misprice, they usually don't honor misprices anyways.
    Consider this a warning to anyone else who may consider ordering this (or anything) from them.
    BTW how bad was Lili on you guys in New Orleans? You lucked out it weakened considerably from 145-90 mph winds before it made landfall. Close calls, though, for you guys with 2 consecutive tropical systems.

4. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

Scott Thanks for the words of warning.
    I had a bad feeling about this, & now I know why.
    I should have followed my gut.
    At least this is the only title I ordered so I am not out that much.
    As you say it could be a misprint (I had the same feeling) & perhaps they won't ship it at all.
    Now if they ship it & charge me a different price then I have a problem.
    I may just see how it goes for now.
    2 storms in 2 weeks is quite dreadful, let me tell you.
    Isidore was closer to a direct hit, though it had weaker winds it was much larger, & brought much more water with it.
    We were lucky indeed.
    The weakening of the storm Lili just before hitting land had to really help.
    Don't get me wrong here, where it did hit it caused some massive damage, but could have been even much worse.
    It hit far enough away that the New Orleans area didn't get hit too hard.
    I am actually about a mile or 2 ESE from the N.O. line.
    We did have winds that were stronger than I expected perhaps as strong as 60-70 mph.
    We lost power in the middle of the night until the following day around noon.
    I've lived in the N.O. area my entire life & these storms are still quite the scary thing.
    Thanks for asking. [​IMG]
    Todd

5. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

OOPS, I ordered it and about 10 other titles, all at prices a little too good to be true. For example:

Assassins $3.99
    Twilight Zone #22 $3.99
    Johnny Skidmarks $3.99
    Beware! Children at Play SE $3.99
    How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way $0.75
    Snake Eyes $3.99
    Shakespeare in Love $3.99
    Return of the Living Dead $2.99

They are all currently on back order, should I cancel my order?

6. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

If DVD.com is indeed the former DVDexpress.com, I would avoid it like any album by Vanilla Ice. I ordered a movie from them during December of '99 and have eyt to receive it. Keep hope alive! Keep hope alive! Keep hope alive!

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Wow, what a shame. DVDExpress used to be a fine retailer. They hosted our group during the first big HTF California meet and gave us a tour of their operation. They used to have all preorders 40% off too, we ordered from them pretty regularly.

8. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

Well I received this shipping confirmation e-mail from DVD.com yesterday. [​IMG]
    Posted below with an edit of my personal info.
    Todd
    Thank you for shopping at DVD.com!
    Please come back soon!
    Express Media Group, Inc.
    5890 West Jefferson Blvd.
    Los Angeles CA 90016
    www.dvd.com
    Customer:
    Shipping Type: VI Shipping Method: STD DELIVERY Tracking #: Item Qty Ship Qty Unit Price Extended Price --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Return Of The Living Dead 1 1 $2.99 $2.99 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Item Subtotal: $2.99 Shipping & Handling: $1.49 Tax: $.00 Subtotal: $4.48 Total: $4.48
    NOTE: You are only invoiced for items that have shipped.

9. David King

David King Stunt Coordinator

WHat the hell, placed an order. As long as they don't charge me more than what I agreed to pay for then who cares. I saved my checkout page just in case.

BUt Return of the Living dead and Shakespeare in Love have had their prices raised.

10. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    It's back up to $11 now, so I guess the point is moot...

11. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

Just an update...
    I received my order today, & all charges appear to be correct.
    It took about 3 weeks from placing to delivery of my order, but for the price... no complaints.
    Anyone else?

Todd

12. Rick Samundsen

Rick Samundsen Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I recieved my order today. Total price including shipping $4.48.

Rick

13. TomJD

TomJD Agent

I'm glad a few people took advantage of that great offer even though I hear after the fact that the company is not one of the best out there.Looks like their trying to turn things around.