What's new

Return of the King trailer? (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
TheOneRing is reporting that a "preview of the preview," as it were, will show on E! tonight (Thursday) at 7pm. Wouldn't be surprised if Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood leak bits of it over the next couple of days as well.

(Of course, be prepared for Mary Hart or whoever to blather over most of it, giving us vital bits of information such as "The Return of the King is the final film in the hit Lord of the Rings Trilogy...")

--Jefferson Morris

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am so pathetic. I have to attend a wedding on Saturday in Virginia Beach. I used to live there, and there's a restaurant we love. I am actually scheduling seeing the trailer at an 11:20 AM showing of 2HL. Not the movie...just the trailer. How lame is that :D

Still, it MUST BE DONE.

And Revolutions tonight. Big trailer days ;)

Take care,
Chuck

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the TV trailer:

Eowyn is smiling, so I don't think that the Dernhelm thing is spoiled. As Dernhelm, she's described as grim and "looking for death" in the book.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
We threaded it up this afternoon and watched the trailer. DAMN! It was awesome. It went by so fast that I didn't know what was going on. We now have it on it's new home, Secondhand Lions, so I'll be headed in tonight to check it out again and of course, screen The Rundown. I was told there is a trailer for The Matrix on that so it should be a fun night! I love working as a projectionist!

AJG

WilliamP

Grip
From the 30 sec clip on E, part of the music was from breath of Life and Isengard unleased from TTT soundtrack.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
THe parts with Narsil just gave me goosebumps. I LOVE the part with Elrond giving the sword to Aragorn and saying "Become what you were born to be!" as Aragorn draws the blade.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
In the trailer, I like Gollum saying to Frodo as he's coaxing him up the cliff, "Come, master, come to Smeagol," because that's EXACTLY what Frodo said to him when he was leading him to Faramir. Very creepy.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
How could Elrond give him the sword? Sounds like needless change of continuity from the books to me...
The elves are cool, but let's face it, these books are not about them, they are about the world of men facing their destiny.

All I know is, they had better not short-change Arwen in this film. There were a bunch of TTT scenes that were in the trailer with her than were cut from the final movie. I guess I should have faith b/c I liked her and Viggo's scenes in Two Towers.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
One of the conflicts not developed in the book that Jackson's movies embellish is the tension between Aragorn and Elrond due to Aragorn's relationship with Arwen and Elrond's distrust of humans and specifically Aragorn due to Isildur's failure to destroy the ring at the end of the Second Age. Elrond presenting Aragorn with the reforged Narsil should be a major boost to Aragorn's morale and add to the audience's admiration of him, as well as bring that conflict to a nice conclusion. I think it's a good idea.

Kami

Screenwriter
Bootleg (from asian TV) on TORN...full trailer. Not gonna watch it til after I see secondhand lions tonight though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks