Return of the King preview on TTT?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brenton, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

Can we expect a preview for The Return of the King to be tacked onto the end of The Two Towers theatrically anytime soon, like they did for The Two Towers on Fellowship? If I remember right, it was near the end of January 2002 that it happened, so I'm wondering why I haven't heard any news for The Return of the King.

I still have the free ticket voucher that I got with my Extended DVD of Fellowship, and it would be nice to use it on that.

2. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Brenton I think that voucher is expired--end of 2002.

Hope that I can get to see that trailer though.

3. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Look a little closer at that ticket bro. It expired December 31, 2002.

And you are remembering incorrectly. The preview was added after the Academy Awards in late MARCH, just before it was going to leave theaters. The end of January would only be like 4-5 weeks after release.

P.S.
    This is already being discussed in the spoiler thread for TTT/ROTK. Kami posted some rumors about this preview just this Saturday.

4. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

5. Tim_Stonesifer

Tim_Stonesifer Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have any news about a possible preview for Return of the King yet?

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It's not coming out in theaters with TTT. Chances are, it will be in theaters around July/August and on the TTT and TTT:EE DVD. If TTT starts making a lot of money again, then there's an extremely slim chance they might try to keep it in theaters and tack the trailer on if it's still out.

7. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    There will be no special tacked-on trailer for RotK like there was was for TTT. PJ has said they have too much to do getting the TTT SE ready in addition to finishing RotK. The trailers Morgan refers to are the standard theatrical trailers which will of course come later this year.

8. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

PJ indeed confirmed that there won't be a ROTK trailer on TTT this time. Speculation from yahoo movies:

3/03/03 - Movie fan (and close personal friend of Peter Jackson) Harry Knowles has quoted the director on AICN.com site as saying that the first trailer for this movie is expected to be done in time to be in theaters in May or June. My guess would be that New Line will probably either aim to attach this to the June 13th release of their comedy, Dumb and Dumberer, or release it in conjunction with another studio's big potential blockbusters, like maybe X2 (5/2), The Matrix: Reloaded (5/15) or The Hulk (6/20).

9. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter