What's new

Return Of The King: EE for $17 + tax, free shipping! (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I want to get it before Christmas (since I'll have a day to watch it then) so I selected Regular Shipping and it came out to 20.47, still a hell of a deal when shipping is included.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Must have been a mistake. It's 29.99 in my shopping cart before the 15% off.:frowning:

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
The page has been updated to say $29.99, but it still shows up in my cart at $19.99 when I click the pre-order button. Strange. I hope it still works for everyone else!

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I ordered a copy of the ROTK gift set this morning, total came to 49.99 - 15% + 8.25% (tax) = $46 :D I was previously planning on ordering from amazon with the STL and A9 discounts, which would have come to $49.56, so I saved a couple of bucks. Hopefully the it won't end up mangled in the post.

BTW, I took the opportunity to pick up a copy of Master Handbook of Acoustics, which comes to a good price ($22.09+tax) with this coupon. Unfortunately they had pretty horrible prices for other things on my to-buy list. I mean really, $80 for the Matrix box set? That just reminds me why I never set foot in a real FYE store ;)

Does anyone know where this coupon originated from? I originally saw it on DVDTalk, but haven't seen the original terms. For instance, is it only good on first orders, when does it expire, etc?

With any luck they won't decide all of this was a misprice and cancel the orders. I don't think we'll be finding a cheaper copy of the gift set unless it turns unto an uber-lossleader at B&M's.

-- Dave

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Was the opposite for me. The page showed 19.99, but it was $29.99 in my cart.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Just to answer my own question (for anyone else who's interested), details of the coupon can be found here. Items of special interest:
  • expires at midnight on the 13th
    only one coupon per customer (per account?)
One person says that the coupon works also on www.fye.com which is owned by the same company. I just tried, and it does seem to take the coupon. Looks the be the same selection and prices, so I'm not sure why anyone would do that, but it's worth mentioning.

Also note that while the EE has gone up to $30, the gift set is still listed at $50, which is still an excellent deal with the coupon. There are other random things that they have reasonable prices on as well, so it might be worth a look if you need some electronics or associated things.

-- Dave

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered ROTK through this deal, but I haven't received it yet. Did anyone get theirs?

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Unless I'm doing something wrong, it looks like the gift set is now priced at $80. I wasn't planning on getting it, but for $46 I would have changed my mind. Oh well; you snooze, you lose I guess.

--Mark--

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I got my gift set (in reasonable condition) on Friday. Later than I had hoped for, but still in time for the weekend. I understand most others got their regular EE's earlier last week. Interesting to note that they send me the "shipped" email on the 16th, saying that it had shipped on the 10th, and got it the next day. The invoice also said that I ordered on 12/9, which is obviously incorrect. Lord knows what goes on in their shipping system...
It might not hurt to give them a call and see if they can find it in their system. I doubt that they lost the order, but at the very least that might give you some idea as to when to expect it.

-- Dave

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. It came yesterday. I also got the shipped email on Dec. 11. I guess when you ask for the free (economy) shipping, they ground ship it from Jupiter.

Has anyone submitted their rebates yet?

Can you do the $5 rebate for buying both editions and the coconuts $7 rebate?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks