Return Dayton Sub?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Leigh_M, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I've been collecting speakers for a HT system for my parents new house. I just picked up the Dayton 10" sub. The thing is, I just drove the four hours to do the final walk through on the house and discovered the previous owners are leaving a pre-wired 5.1 system (front and rear in the ceiling and center and small sub built into the wall).

So, do I keep the Dayton and add it to my system paired with my Boston Acoustic PV600? Would I see any difference? Or do I return it?

2. Ken.L

Ken.L Stunt Coordinator

By all means keep that Tiny Mighty/Dayton. Put it next to the couch and let the LFE vibrate the couch and everyone sitting on it. Anyone watching something like Finding Nemo in your new home theater will be talking about how your couch was vibrating, guaranteed.

3. Nathan W.

Nathan W. Stunt Coordinator

Any kind of "real" man would never hide his system like that.[​IMG] I would keep the sub until you hear the pre-installed system - might suck, might not.

4. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

Augment your parents system with the Dayton. The "in wall" subwoofer is probably passive and won't do much.