Retromedia announces FROM BEYOND THE GRAME isn't this a Warner title?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Darren Gross, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

Perhaps it was a limited license but Warners has released this on VHS eons ago through laserdisc in the last decade.

Retromedia is pretty grey market, so who owns this?

2. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I don't have my Laserdisc anymore but I'm pretty sure that it was licensed to Image for release. The VHS was from Warner though. Maybe they licensed this for DVD as well.

3. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

Retromedia usually releases titles that have some sort of PD status. This is not the first time they've released something that is still technically owned elsewhere. For example, they did a DVD of WEREWOLF IN A GIRLS' DORMITORY, which is a WB property; to get around the legal matters (movie PD, music still owned by WB), they removed the title song.
    As such, maybe they can prove the rights have lapsed but will have to fiddle with the music.

4. Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly Stunt Coordinator

JOE
    Great news about the release of FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE on DVD on November 14th. Has anybody heard of any DVD release plans news for the other Amicus film classics TALES FROM THE CRYPT and THE VAULT OF HORROR?

Joe Kelly

5. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

I'd be a lot more excited about this release if it was done by someone other than Retomedia, who created one of the worst DVD transfers I've seen in my life when they did one for another Amicus picture, I, Monster.

I would strongly recommended reading a review before purchasing any Retromedia DVDs.