What's new

Retirement this summer, any suggestions to relocate for my Golden Years? (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Most of the "Where to Retire" lists are a joke. Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana are beautiful though. If it wasn't for the nasty winters, I'd love to live there.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dennis Nicholls said:
Idaho is on the Pacific side of the continental divide. I'd wager that the winters in Boise are much less severe than yours in Wisconsin.
Without a doubt!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I happened to be in Ashland when the forest fire smoke settled into that area.

"Ash land" indeed.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Congratulations! Be proud of the many years of service you provided to your community. May you have many years of great health and enjoyment ahead while living on your own terms.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
Congrats, but I thought that happened a month or two ago?

I am jealous. Hopefully 2-3 years and I will be joining you in retirement.
Scott,

I was on sick leave due to those two leg operations this summer and then I had 27 remaining vacation days to use up with the last one used on September 30th.

I spent my first official day as a retiree in an IMAX theater watching "The Walk" and I was the only person at that 10:30 a.m. showing. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Steve...O said:
Congratulations! Be proud of the many years of service you provided to your community. May you have many years of great health and enjoyment ahead while living on your own terms.
Thank you and as someone already stated, every day is Saturday to me now.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Robert Crawford said:
I spent my first official day as a retiree in an IMAX theater watching "The Walk" and I was the only person at that 10:30 a.m. showing. :)

Was it is 3D? Some people have complained the 3D in The Walk made them nauseous.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
Scott,

I was on sick leave due to those two leg operations this summer and then I had 27 remaining vacation days to use up with the last one used on September 30th.

Ah, a technicality. So, did that first day feel any different than the previous couple of months, just knowing it was now official?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.