What's new

Retirement this summer, any suggestions to relocate for my Golden Years? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The snow must have just missed you to the north, Robert. My parents are in Roscommon, and they were constantly hammered this winter. Meanwhile, down here in southeastern Michigan, we hardly got any snow -- I think I only used my snowblower a couple of times after the holidays, and one of those times was just last week. I do not think we had any accumulation the entire month of February, which I never recall happening before. It sure is strange how much different the weather can be less than a 3 hour's drive north.

My wife's not ready to move yet, either, so we will probably be in Michigan and commuting back/forth to our place in South Carolina for awhile yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The snow must have just missed you to the north, Robert. My parents are in Roscommon, and they were constantly hammered this winter. Meanwhile, down here in southeastern Michigan, we hardly got any snow -- I think I only used my snowblower a couple of times after the holidays, and one of those times was just last week. I do not think we had any accumulation the entire month of February, which I never recall happening before. It sure is strange how much different the weather can be less than a 3 hour's drive north.

My wife's not ready to move yet, either, so we will probably be in Michigan and commuting back/forth to our place in South Carolina for awhile yet.
Yeah, I'm about 1.5 hours south of Roscommon via I-75. No doubt, they got hammered and then going over to Lake Michigan and Traverse City.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.