What's new

Retailer Exclusives for "Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season" (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Here's what I've been able to uncover so far:

Best Buy:
In Stores and Online
  • Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season - Stark (Only @ Best Buy ) (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) (with Bonus Disc)
  • Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season - Lannister (Only @ Best Buy) (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) (with Bonus Disc)
  • Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season - Targaryen (Only @ Best Buy) (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) (with Bonus Disc)
Online Only
  • Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season - Martell (Only @ Best Buy) (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) (with Bonus Disc) (Online Only)
  • Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season - Tyrell (Only @ Best Buy) (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) (with Bonus Disc) (Online Only)
All five Best Buy exclusive covers come with a bonus disc. It's unspecified in Best Buy's advertising but appears to contain a featurette entitled "Shock and Awe: Creating the Visual Effects of Season 4".

Target:
  • Game of Thrones Season 4 (Blu-ray) - Target Exclusive
Exclusive Featurette: "Silk, Leather, & Chain Mail: The Costumes of Season 4"
An in-depth look at the intricately-designed costumes featured in season 4, from concept to creation. With first-hand accounts from costume designer Michele Clapton and the rest of the cast & crew, discover just how much planning and attention to detail went into every link of chain mail and every stitch of wedding garb, only at Target.

To get the exclusive, you must redeem your digital copy through TargetTicket. Featurette available through TargetTicket, not as a bonus disc.

Walmart:
  • Game Of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Walmart Exclusive) (Blu-ray + Digital HD) (Widescreen)
Exclusive JoffreyFunko Minis Vinyl Mini-Figure included in package.
Exclusive featurette, "Planning a Royal Wedding"
No word as to whether this featurette is on a bonus disc or available through Vudu streaming only.

I just preordered the Tyrell cover version from Best Buy, since it won't be available in stores. It's a shame they keep recycling the Stark/Lannister/Targaryen covers for the in-store exclusives.

I won't do the Target version because Vudu is my Ultraviolet platform of choice and I've heard rumors to the effect that TargetTicket is not long for this world.

I won't do the Walmart version because I have no use for a goofy little three inch vinyl Joffrey figurine.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Are those BB exclusives just the (extra) slipcover w/ the normal box (plus bonus disc)?

I don't really want the special cover replacing the normal box art since I haven't gotten any of them before (and have no plans to get them to replace my previous sets). I do want the bonus disc though.

Thanks!

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good question. I didn't buy any of the previous seasons at Best Buy, so I'm not sure if it's a slipcover or the box. While Best Buy will also be carrying the normal box art, it doesn't look like the bonus disc will come with that version.

Hopefully someone who has bought the Best Buy covers in the past can chime in with more details.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Target killed off TT, why are they still offering exclusive content?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I received my Tyrell sigil Blu-Ray of Season 4 in the mail today. The slipcover is the Tyrell Sigil artwork, and then there's an inner box which appears to be the same as the inner box from the standard set (different artwork than the standard slipcover) and then the same foldout five-panel digipak as the standard set. The bonus disc is in its own thin Blu-ray case and is only held to the main package by the shrink wrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks