What's new

Restoring The ‘Mutt & Jeff’ Cartoons For Blu Ray - Kickstarter (1 Viewer)

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
I contributed and hope this project gets brought to fruition! I enjoyed listening to you guys on a recent episode of The Extras podcast.
Thank you Travis!

Here’s a video to hold you over! We talk about ‘Mutt & Jeff’ with Mark Kausler!:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
HomeTheaterForum is not the venue to litigate this stuff. If you have issues with the provenance of (I’m guessing public domain) content take it up with the vendor or Kickstarter themselves. Don’t fight here

Yup! We credited them on our ‘Somewhere in Dreamland’ restoration here:

any more vids you can share

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Did you mean to quote me @RobertMG ?
must have goofed please accept my apology i think what i saw was one person joined on the day to trash the guys kickstarter evidently they know each from fb and they were trying to cause rockinpins harm but none of my biz so forget it! thank u

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
so happy for rockinpins I cannot give due to my health and not working

NAAH1929

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon Adams
so happy for rockinpins I cannot give due to my health and not working
No worries Robert, public support and spreading the word to anyone who may be interested in other corners of the Internet is just as good.

Thanks for being a force for positivity.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
No worries Robert, public support and spreading the word to anyone who may be interested in other corners of the Internet is just as good.

Thanks for being a force for positivity.
Thank you for the kind words!

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
20F4DDE1-4B41-42CF-8704-1F2DD4BCC515.png

This one is a real treat! One of the rare shorts from this series and we have it!

NAAH1929

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon Adams
Having been contacted via message by HTF member Ken Martinez regarding a comment I made in this thread - basically having no information - it appears that this project is quite a political hotspot.

That noted, I have no opinion regarding the Mutt & Jeff films, or this Kickstarter project in general, and can neither give support nor suggest others to either give or hold back support.

This project is simply not worth dealing with the sturm und drang.

I wish all involved well.
I'm a collaborator on this project. I don't see any comment by you earlier.

The unnecessary drama comes from one (unfortunately influential) individual. We hope the worst is behind us.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Having been contacted via message by an HTF member regarding a comment I made in a Matt & Jeff thread - basically having no information - it appears that this project is quite a political hotspot.

That noted, I have no opinion regarding the Mutt & Jeff films, or this Kickstarter project in general, and can neither give support nor suggest others to either give or hold back support.

One request. Presuming your fundraising goes well, please be careful when doing digital clean-up. If using any sort of auto-pass, please keep settings low, and do not remove original film grain, which is an even more important attribute to animation art, as it is to photographed live action.

Last edited:

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
Having been contacted via message by HTF member Ken Martinez regarding a comment I made in this thread - basically having no information - it appears that this project is quite a political hotspot.

This project is simply not worth dealing with the sturm und drang.

I’m sorry you feel that way Ken, that sort of drama is not coming at all from the people who started this mission. Seems to all be coming from one side. We’ve done everything we can to ignore them. We’ve blocked, reported and more.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I’m sorry you feel that way Ken, that sort of drama is not coming at all from the people who started this mission. Seems to all be coming from one side. We’ve done everything we can to ignore them. We’ve blocked, reported and more.
I’m not reading the message as against your project, but rather my initial non-support of your project, as I had zero information. Mr. Martinez seems to be on the attack because I’m not immediately supporting something that is not studio based, which would lead one to believe that the writer is somehow involved with your project..

The complaint read, in part, “Your "reviews" are nothing more than corporate PR pieces. 5/5. The film has never looked better. Hardly any more informative than a press release. When was the last time you didn't give a corporate restoration 5 stars?”

Mr. Martinez is correct. I always give corporate restorations 5 stars.

That noted, I really don’t have time for this, as I’m heading out to sea again tomorrow - currently in Newport, RI - on my new 42’ Whaler Outrage, courtesy of a certain studio who love my “always” 5 star reviews.

Last edited:

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
I’m not reading the message as against your project, but rather my initial non-support of your projection, as I had zero information. Mr. Martinez seems to be on the attack because I’m not immediately supporting something that is not studio based, which would lead one to believe that the writer is somehow involved with your project..

The complaint read, in part, “Your "reviews" are nothing more than corporate PR pieces. 5/5. The film has never looked better. Hardly any more informative than a press release. When was the last time you didn't give a corporate restoration 5 stars?”

Mr. Martinez is correct. I always give corporate restorations 5 stars.

That noted, I really don’t have time for this, as I’m heading out to sea again tomorrow - currently in Newport, RI - on my new 42’ Whaler Outrage, courtesy of a certain studio who love my “always” 5 star reviews.
I don’t know who messaged you but they don’t speak on my behalf.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I don’t know who messaged you but they don’t speak on my behalf.
As has been confirmed. I believe a comment I made re Kickstarter campaigns may have been misinterpreted. Not certain.

I’m not an automatic supporter of all things Kickstarter as certain individuals totally misuse it to personal ends when it comes to restoration - and I presume other things. Transparency and honesty do not go hand in hand with Kickstarter funding.

That noted, I’m in no way suggesting that your project falls into that problem area.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I merged two different threads! Furthermore, this merged thread is going to be heavily moderated and if any trouble occurs, the moderator staff will promptly deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks