restoration

Discussion in 'DVD' started by WilliamMc, Nov 9, 2005.

1. WilliamMc

WilliamMc Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone point to a forum or other place with in depth discussions on the restoration process of certian classic films? I'm looking for some good reading on the subject. I would prefer topics involving actual films that have beem restored rather than basic general info. Does this exist?

2. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

3. WilliamMc

Ok, I knew that was comming! I was referring reading that got down to the nitty gritty technical aspects of the restoration process. You know, the geeky stuff. If that info is here than I'll search some more!

4. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Pretty much everything Robert Harris has posted here is of value: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...earchid=387897

And his column "Yellow Layer Failure" is at www.thedigitalbits.com

You'll also want to check out rec.arts.movies.tech for information. Just search newsgroups for posts by "Robert Harris," "Richard May," "David Shepard," and "Paul Rutan" and you'll find a ton of stuff. This is how I found out that the "crappy remix" of Miramax's A Hard Day's Night DVD was really the original mono expanded to 5.1... not one bit of alteration other than expanding the sound field.

5. WilliamMc

This is just what I was looking for. Thank you!