Restaraunts just don't care anymore lol.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Inspector Hammer!, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
  2. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

It's kinda scary that a sign like that needs to be hung up.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Gets the point across, doesn't it?[​IMG]

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Well, if they have to have "Employees must wash hands" signs, then I don't have much confidence in the average Joe. Does he have enough common sense to take a dump in the proper place??

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Sad thing is, I've been to the odd place that would probably benifit from such a sign.

Than again, I once pissed in a art piece that was situated in a fancy restaraunt bathroom, completly sober, so I guess I'm not really one to talk. :b

NOTE TO INTERIOR DECORATORS: Do NOT install any type of running waterfall trinkets in the bathroom.

6. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

What's that word in between 'Floor' and 'Management'?

I can't read it on my monitor.

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Hmmmm, it doesn't say anything about the sink....[​IMG]

8. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i love the bad grammar. "customer's"

CJ

9. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Well, nothing would surpise me as to what people will do. A couple of years ago, I went into a men's room at a big department store and the stall had an out of order sign on it, so somebody had actually taken a dump in the urinal.

10. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    ***don't read while eating***

this is slightly unrelated, but i don't expect to get the chance to tell this story again. in high school, i used to work for the local ice cream shop/restaurant. after closing time, most of the staff was sitting around talking while we heard some commotion near the restrooms. we were told by two other employees that there was something we "had to see". i don't expect any of you to believe me, but in the men's room toilet, there was a log the size of a mayonnaise jar. i wouldn't believe it unless i saw it with my own eyes.

thankfully, this happened years before everyone had a digital camera on their cell phone.

CJ

11. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I've seen this before myself. And for no good reason either, AFAIK the toilets in the cubicles were fully functioning.

12. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

I, unfortunatly, could go on for days with stories like this. I work retail. We recently had an issue with a toilet that wouldnt flush. While investigating, the top portion of the toilot was removed. It turned out that whomever had shit there pants had decided there only option was to remove there underwear and throw them in the back of the toilot. I was just releived that one of our employees who had just returned from Iraq had experience with burning buckets of dung in the field was barly fased by it. He threw on a glove, grabbed a garbage bag and went fishing!
    We've also have had a few elderly women drop small turds right down there leg and out on to the sales floor.

13. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Ooooo, forgot another story that is related: some friends were, some years ago, looking to buy an apartment/condominium, and were visting showflats. When condos are still under construction here, the developers often build full-scale mock-ups of what a unit might look like on or next to the site to help sell the units; later, once the structure is up, they'll quickly finish and furnish some of the actual units in the building for the same reason, and then dismantle the mockups. Apparently at one of these visits, the wife need to go #2, quietly went to the bathroom and used the facilities and when she finished, tried to flush, then remembered and realised to her horror that they were in a mock-up and the toilet wasn't actually connected to any plumbing... obviously they beat a hasty retreat and never returned... and yes, she can be a little ditzy at times.