What's new

Rest of Bond DVD's, when? (1 Viewer)

Rob N

Agent
Does anyone know when the remaining James Bond DVD's will be re-issued? I need two (Diamonds are Forever, Lie and let Die) to complete the series. I heard that Die Another Day will be released in April.

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
I too am looking for Moonraker and Octopussy, the BestBuy near me said it would be out sometime in February 2003.

H

Hank

I'm also waiting for the 2nd & 3rd wave. February sounds right since the 1st wave was released in October.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
"Die Another Day" will most likely be released on video in June, since it was released theatrically in December. I'm fairly certain that MGM will release a box with "DAD" and five or six classic 007 movies when it hits DVD. February would be the halfway point between the first box and whatever box will likely contain "DAD", so if I had to guess I'd say that if MGM were planning a regular release schedule (like a TV show) it might be something like this:

October 2002: Box 1
February 2003: Box 2
June 2003: Box 3

A release in February would be cutting it a little close since it hasn't been announced yet and it's already January, but these are all films that MGM has done and could easily just repackage and rush out. Of course, if the "Die Another Day" box would be the second set, and not the third, we wouldn't be seeing the third box until February of 2004 if MGM wanted to keep a regular schedule. I doubt that would happen, though, because MGM probably wants to get them all available while "Die Another Day" is still somewhat fresh in the public's eyes. I just hope they put them out quickly. I didn't get them the first time around because the price was higher (but I don't mind because of the problems the earlier versions had) but they're so cheap this time around that I'm just looking forward to getting the other 13, which are (for the record)

From Russia with Love
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Diamonds Are Forever
Live and Let Die
Moonraker
For Your Eyes Only
Octopussy
A View to a Kill
The Living Daylights
The World Is Not Enough
Die Another Day

H

Hank

I only have:

Dr. No
Goldfinger
Live And Let Die
The Man With The Golden Gun
The Spy Who Loved Me
Moonraker
Licence To Kill
Goldeneye
Tomorow Never Dies
The World Is Not Enough

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
Fall 2003!!!! Thats going to be a long wait!!!!
Bill,Hank, I noticed you guys are looking for Octopussy too, while Hank does own For Your Eyes Only, these DVD's are available on ebay for whopping $30 (plus shipping) in some cases, plus one never knows where theyre coming from.
Guess we will just have to wait it out till Aug 2003 :frowning:
Or, of course, hope some kind soul puts them out for sale here!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks