What's new

Rest in Peace, Ray Harryhausen (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The experience of viewing "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" in the theater was my first exposure ever to FX in a "live action" movie. The film totally blew me away. Heck, I had pictures of the Cyclops on my wall for years! After that I kept an eye out for the Harryhausen name associated with a movie and *made* my parents take me to each and every release. (In my mind, he was making "live action" Disney movies.) My parents, by the way, didn't seem to mind being "dragged" to those movies. Their favorite was "Jason and the Argonauts". Thanks, Ray, for all of the great and imaginative creatures and exciting spectacles!

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Seeing SEVENTH VOYAGE on the big screen at the age of five definitely made me a movie buff for life. I was lucky to see most of his later films on the big screen when they came out and then caught up with the others on TV. My all-time favorite, though, is MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.

I did a tribute to Harryhausen on my blog:

http://briandanacamp.wordpress.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks