What's new

Response from NAD re: Prologic IIx (1 Viewer)

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the response I received from NAD regarding my question to them about the upgrade to Dolby Prologic IIx on their current T163 Pre-Pro:

Thank you for your recent request via the NAD Electronics web-site.

We are currently investigating the possibility of upgrading the T163/T763/T773 to support DPLIIx in the future. PLIIx code is waiting Dolby approval for the Cirrus DSP. There are two parts to the upgrade. The first part is upgrading the main control software which can be done via the RS232 port. The new software adds several new features and updates to the user interface. To get PLIIx, you then need to replace an IC chip on the DSP board which should be done by a service center.

Thank you for your interest in NAD electronics.

Best regards,

Karen Pritchard

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yikes, replacing a chip in addition to a firmware update. Do you think this will be $$$ or covered under the warranty?

Also I wonder if it's a simple unplug-n-plug of the new IC chip or if it will require soldering (which I'm less likely to have done just because I'm not sure I can find an authorized center that I trust)...

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
it's more than likely a soldered chip of some sort, but could possibly be just a chip you can pop in... doubtful though. The firmware update would of course be needed or else the reciever wouldn't know what was going on with this new chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks