What's new

Resources for learning iMovieHD ('06) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm dabbling with iMovieHD 06 for some simple video editing (producing DVDs of speeches from my Toastmasters club). The iMovie help is marginal at best, worthless in some important cases. Any highly recommended books (I'll spend money for a good book) or user-oriented websites? A getting started for the mac-using novice, movie-making dummy?

What about plug-ins? iMovie is missing some transitions and title variations that I really like from Windows MovieMaker 2, and I'm considering buying a plug-in or two. I found three-gee.com with some very packages. But they are scattered across multiple packages, and that starts to get pricey.

Likewise, for iDVD? Tutorials, help sites, templates, etc.?

Thanks!

(Anyone have their own videos posted online? It would be fun to get ideas and inspiration from fellow HTF users.)

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I recommend David Pogue's "iMovie 6 & IDVD: The Missing Manual" (book). That said, iLife is due for an update in few months (at MacWorld in January), so perhaps you should wait for iLife '07 first.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Too late - we just bought iLife. My wife needs iWeb to work on her website, so we got it.

I'll check out the Missing Manual.

RichP

Second Unit
Dave,

I second the "Missing Manual" suggestion. They're really excellent books.

As for Plug-Ins, check out the Slick library from Gee Three. Very professional and simple to use. :)

There's also http://www.stupendous-software.com/ Their stuff is good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks